Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

I hope the rumour of Border having bought the lot is true as, being on the poorer scale of modelbuilders, I only have one Wingnut Wings kit (which was a gift anyway!) and theres's easily half a dozen others I'd dearly love to build.

10 hours ago, adameliclem said:

He can never have too many: Sir Peter already has two full-scale replicas of Dambusters built for a movie he hasn’t made yet.

Ten, not two. And regardless of the film's status they're in storage, along with the Mosquito and Wellington and whatever else we don't know about!

Edited by KiwiZac

9 minutes ago, KiwiZac said:

I hope the rumour of Border having bought the lot is true as, being on the poorer scale of modelbuilders, I only have one Wingnut Wings kit (which was a gift anyway!) and theres's easily half a dozen others I'd dearly love to build.

Ten, not two. And regardless of the film's status they're in storage, along with the Mosquito and Wellington and whatever else we don't know about!

Sweet Jesus.

Adam

12 minutes ago, KiwiZac said:

I don't know what to make of the rumor border bought the lot.  it does not seem to show on their facebook page.  I was trying to get confirmation of that as fact or not.  So right now as far as I can tell it is rumor.  I thought for sure if it were fact it would be front and center on the wing nut wings fan section on facebook but it did not seem to be there either.  Time will tell.  I hope someone gets the other kits and releases them, a bunch I don't care about but hate to see the Albatros Dv, Fokker Dvii Fokker E and the SE5A disapear.  There are a few others in there worth saving also but those are front and center of what should not disappear.  I have always like the LVG as well and never owned one.

I have the HK version already which I got on a one off sub AU$300 deal, and I remember commenting before that WNW would sell this for over AU$700. It looks to me as if Border see this as a cash cow and I agree with others that this price is probably unsustainable with two 1/32 Lancs on the market. Is it really going to be twice as good? I expect we will see the price of both being discounted after the release.

Very good to see it being released, and the rumour of other ex WNW kits is very interesting indeed.

Steve

58 minutes ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

Got an email from Lucky Model with pre-order information:

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=BRDBF010

Did you see the price reduction on their P47's as part of a bundle?

Not bad.

One hell of a kit. Expensive maybe but then maybe for what you get, it represents value and fair compensation for those that put so much work into creating it and bringing it to market.

Matty

Large scale kit pricing has come along way since I paid £7 for the Tamiya 48th  Lancaster when it was released in 1977. 

Large kit detailing has come along way since I bought the Tamiya kit but the pricing for the Border Lancaster just seems so over the top for detailing that will, for the most part, be hidden away in the fuselage or under engine cowlings.

A FEW people will be excited by the news but I personally dont think there will be a rush to purchase and build such an elaborate kit . . . .. 

Haven’t had an email from Luckymodel for a long time come tho think of it. I used to like their promo codes. I wont be getting the big Lancaster for the same reason I didn’t get the HKM one. Nowhere to display it. I am awfully tempted by those P-47 kits though and have been for a long time.

3 hours ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

Got an email from Lucky Model with pre-order information:

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=BRDBF010

You can also have it posted for $20, albeit surface mail, and receive 16% off https://doc.luckymodel.com/NL210928-1176/newsletter.htm working out at £388, and if you set your preferences at check out a certain way, it might sail (pun intended) through customs like my HKM B-17 did...

Looks like the UK list price is £599 according to Jumblies 

I consider myself a very lucky young man. 
Wife sees it.

Wife wants one to look at after it’s built.

Wife says, pre-order one when you can.

She’s about to get a hefty golden handshake from FedEx, who are kicking her out of her job of 18 years, in Q1 of 2022. Financing sorted, so it’s happy days all round at our place. 

1 minute ago, Stokey Pete said:

I consider myself a very lucky young man. 
Wife sees it.

Wife wants one to look at after it’s built.

Wife says, pre-order one when you can.

She’s about to get a hefty golden handshake from FedEx, who are kicking her out of her job of 18 years, in Q1 of 2022. Financing sorted, so it’s happy days all round at our place. 

Nice one init!