Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

I was sure this was coming. The question was essentially who was going to market this monster! Border are producing good and reasonably detailed armor kits. Their prices are also very competitive. However 1/35 is a very crowded afv scale. The situation is quite different in 1/32 as there are not five or ten companies who released the same topic! I guess the limited release is a way to test the market reaction. If they sell very quickly there is zero doubt they will make other batches 

27 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

Let's hope the sale will support their bold decision to get molds

btw announcement doesn't state if the Dambuster version will follow

It will come as they obviously got the full set of molds. By the way I'm ready to bet it is one of their mold makers who did it for WnW.

56 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

My only concern is their heavy emphasis on a limited one-off release. I'm guessing there won't be enough to go around.

Kev

It's smart marketing, no doubt to ensure it does sell, especially with no mention of the Dambusters version, incidentally their 1/35 Bf 109G is retailing for £69.95 at Hannants, so not cheap, I have their Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.F1 which is an excellent kit retailing at competitive £53.95.

I wonder if the rumours are true of the other WnW's kits they have..?

Fantastic news for those with the hangar space! :lol: 

Seriously, I’m very, very happy for all those who have been waiting for this day.

Mind you if the nose section kits end up getting released too, then I’d love to give it a go.

I'm pleased that this kit will at last be offered for sale rather than the molds sitting in a store room somehwere and not being used.

Looking at the test shots at Telford it looks fantastic and what a pity it would have been if all that fine work was going to be wasted.

However it is a mite too big for me so I will not be buying one.

Cheers

Dennis

Airfix missed an opportunity here

Well they've never made a 32nd scale aircraft , and have said they never would, for them 24th scale only - now who has a shed large enough to house a 1/24 Lanc?, hmm pardon me , I have to go somewhere and think about that!