Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


LSP_Kevin last won the day on May 12

LSP_Kevin had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About LSP_Kevin

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Birthday 08/23/1966

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Melbourne, Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

8,055 profile views
  1. I promised an update with modelling content within 24 hours, and here I am 22 hours later with exactly that! I have to confess that I haven't really achieve all that much, however, but it is at least something. The major element of this conversion is of course the new nose, which requires removing the corresponding sections from the kit fuselage halves. Below is a photo of the terrific one-piece resin replacement nose, which I borrowed from the review: My first task was to remove the substantial casting block, and happily the cut locations are quite well defined, which makes the process easier. It's a tedious process, but it's important to proceed slowly. I used my JLC razor saw in a stroking fashion to initiate and then deepen the cuts, with any tricky bits being handled by a #11 blade. Here's the result: Still a little bit of refining to do, but it's basically ready for business. The next task, and probably the most important one of the project, is to remove the corresponding sections from the kit fuselage halves. I used the same technique outlined above for removing the casting block from the nose piece, but the instructions here a slightly vague, and I managed to misread the supplied photo, and remove too much material from the forward wing root section: In the photo you can see that I've glued a section of styrene strip into place to compensate for the material I removed in error. Once this has set strong, I'll set about shaping it to fit the corresponding cut-out in the resin nose. I'll also be more careful doing the other fuselage half! So, that's as far as I got before running out of time. I'm slowly starting to feel like I'm shaking off the rust! For the next update I aim to have the other fuselage half cut down, and the mating surfaces on all parts fitting nicely together. It's really important to go slow here and get this part right, as the success of the project rests on it. Kev
  2. Welcome aboard, Rick! Welcome back to the hobby, too! Always good to see another Aussie in the mix. If you're in Melbourne (or can get to it easily), keep an eye out for Model Expo on Queen's Birthday weekend. Kev
  3. Wow! Just like I said on Facebook, Fanch: this is staggeringly good, and probably the most realistically detailed 1/32 scale engine I've seen. I would love to see you do this in colour! Kev
  4. Brilliant work, Iain! Let's hope you never have to print white again! Kev
  5. It seems like the longest time since I've been able to work on a model, and this is my attempt to claw my way back to bench and at least try to get something built. Having lost my mojo due to the extended break, none of my started projects have much appeal to me at the moment, and having promised Espen I'd build this one after reviewing it, I decided it would be a great project to get back in to the swing of things. So, what's the project, then? I'll be using Hasegawa's Bf 109G-6 kit, and combining it with the Attitude Aviation As Hispano HA-1112-M1L (Buchcon) conversion, to build "Red 3" from the movie Battle of Britain: For more details about the conversion set, check out my review from back in January this year: https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=2177 I haven't cut any plastic yet, but am hoping do so tomorrow. Before we start I want to thank both Kent Strickland and William Lawlor for their efforts in supplying me with a Hasegawa Bf 109G-6 kit, and also Espen Tjetland of Attitude Aviation As for the conversion set. Hopefully some actual modelling in the next update! Kev
  6. Announcing “Building the Revell P-51D-5NA Mustang in 1/32 Scale”! I’m pleased to announced that work has begun on our next title in the Build Guide Series! Entitled Building the Revell P-51D-5NA Mustang in 1/32 Scale, it’s written by Jan Gabauer, and as the title suggests, it features the new-tool Revell 1/32 scale P-51D Mustang. Jan guides you through building and painting the kit, using a small selection of aftermarket parts to enhance the build. Jan finishes the model as “Hurry Home Honey”, flown by Pete Peterson of the 357th Fighter Group, using a combination of the kit decals and an aftermarket set from Zoukei-Mura. Stay tuned for more details about the book as they come to hand, including a release date! Kev
  7. This thread contains posts from before he asked for his account to be removed. He has since rejoined using the same handle (since the old one, shown in this thread, is defunct). What you're seeing here is just his old, defunct handle, not the new, active one. Kev
  • Create New...