Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

Hopefully Border will have more success with US stick with this than the previous 1/35 kits of the Stuka and 109. I have yet to see either of them in a US mainline retailer (online). Or read of any in stock. Plenty on eBay shipping from China which is where I purchased the 109. 

Paul 

42 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

You can also have it posted for $20, albeit surface mail, and receive 16% off https://doc.luckymodel.com/NL210928-1176/newsletter.htm working out at £388, and if you set your preferences at check out a certain way, it might sail (pun intended) through customs like my HKM B-17 did...

Looks like the UK list price is £599 according to Jumblies 

It will be interesting to see what I can pick them up for at wholesale rates? They aren't currently listed for future released on either Hannant's or Creative Models website but I can keep you or anyone else info'd if they are interested.

Gary

2 minutes ago, Redcap1960 said:

It will be interesting to see what I can pick them up for at wholesale rates? They aren't currently listed for future released on either Hannant's or Creative Models website but I can keep you or anyone else info'd if they are interested.

Gary

Any info’ that becomes available would most certainly be welcomed. 

17 minutes ago, Redcap1960 said:

Gary

Thanks Gary, but have already taken the plunge with Lucky Model.

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

You can also have it posted for $20, albeit surface mail, and receive 16% off https://doc.luckymodel.com/NL210928-1176/newsletter.htm working out at £388, and if you set your preferences at check out a certain way, it might sail (pun intended) through customs like my HKM B-17 did...

Looks like the UK list price is £599 according to Jumblies 

In which case, UK retail will likely be much more expensive than even a few calculations show me what an imported price will be even if the tax man gets it coming in. Also bear in mind that there was a recent instance earlier this month with a big model supply company in the UK (I won't name it) who offered the re-released Airfix Valliant in 1/72 at a "guaranteed" price if paid in advance. Fast forward a few months after payment and they sent an email to those of us who had paid in advance saying they wanted another 10% (IF) you still want the kit.

I don't think any price is 'fixed' as a pre-order in the current climate with oil and shipping container prices etc. and you can be sure of (only) one thing as of September 2021; i.e. the end price if 'revised' by the time of actual production and release will only go in one direction!

Personally, I shall see what the best price is once all the horse trading starts and (when) it physically becomes available as if the oil and shipping markets continue to be volatile and to rise in price as they are, then it is then it is impossible to offer any (meaningful) pre-availability price.

Gary

31 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

Any info’ that becomes available would most certainly be welcomed. 

More than happy to let you know as and when it becomes available. Same applies to anything you want that is available from Hannant's and Creative Models, as I have wholesale accounts with both of them.

As people on this site can attest to I add a small mark-up on what I get them for and sell them on reasonably cheap as I am only in that side of things to help out my own modelling interests and not as a business. Further, as I move between work in the South of England and the far North of England on a bi-weekly basis I can also drop them off in-person rather than commit the precious package to the vagaries of the mail system; whatever suites.

Regards,

Gary   

I’ve had good service from Gary and his mark-up is worth it for peace of mind,

the only problem being is that I sometimes find Hannant’s trade price for certain brands too high to start with.

Hopefully with Hannant’s now stated 10% pre-order discount, it will be reasonable.

Edited by Tissue and Dope
To add latest news

On 9/28/2021 at 2:54 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Fuselage side windows? For airplanes built without them, filling them in and making it look seamless with all the rivets is not a job I’d relish.

What’s the other option? I suppose the openings could have been flashed over and then opened up if you want the windows. That’s still a fair amount of work.