Shizuoka show is on I think I see one new LSP

cbk57

Marcus Nichols posted some photos on Facebook and I think I see a new LSP coming.  He posted a series of photos that include what are for a certainty Zoukei Mura kits including the new FW-190.  In the photo series is a single engine WWII fighter that is clearly a 3d print prototype, it looks like it might be a new ZM kit, it looks Japanese later WWII I think but I have know idea what specific plane it is. I could only see part of the placard in the photo so could not be certain this was even ZM but I think it was.  I am also pretty certain it is 1/32 based upon the proportions.  

After posting this I found on hyper scale some confirmation and report that this new kit is a KI-100.  It apparently is a ZM kit.  It is a very early concept so could be a year or two off.

No significant Tamiya kits are showing that we don:t know about and nothing in 1/32.  

So far that is it, but we have more manufacturers to look for that are showing including Great Wall, Meng and other Chinese manufacturers that might have something new on offer in 1/32.  

Edited by cbk57

A 1/32 Ki-100 from ZM? A really strange choice to me. I know they are a Japanese company, but it's a fairly niche subject and it's not going to be cheap?! I don't think Alley Cat's Ki-100 conversion set flew off the shelf?

What do I know?

I'm struggling to get excited about Tamiya's possible 1/32 kits. They've already done a P-51D/K kit, years ago?

7 hours ago, cbk57 said:

No significant Tamiya kits are showing that we don:t know about and nothing in 1/32.  

So far that is it, but we have more manufacturers to look for that are showing including Great Wall, Meng and other Chinese manufacturers that might have something new on offer in 1/32.  

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Is it time to start the obligatory “What LSP will Tamiya announce at the upcoming show” thread?    

I’m so very excited. Really think that this will be the time Tamiya announces the long-awaited new-tool P-51K!!!!

I wouldn't be counting on any surprises. 

Was hoping for another Tamiya Phantom in medium scale, but am interested in what there might be by way of Chinese offerings.

Tony 

57 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

A 1/32 Ki-100 from ZM? A really strange choice to me. I know they are a Japanese company, but it's a fairly niche subject and it's not going to be cheap?! I don't think Alley Cat's Ki-100 conversion set flew off the shelf?

What do I know?

I'm struggling to get excited about Tamiya's possible 1/32 kits. They've already done a P-51D/K kit, years ago?

I don't know that I'd call it niche[ but I'm a bit of a goof ball]. To those of us that do a lot of Japanese subjects it fills a void that we've been longing for . Why the Alley cat conversion didn't do well I don't know ,I heard that there were problems with it But I don't know. I would be very surprised if Tamiya put anything out [ pleasantly surprised]. As an aside Z-M did do a Shinden, now I'd call that niche!

I think the Ki-100 is a great choice, at least it is something different. I never understand it, people moan when it is another Spitfire, 109, 190, P-51 etc…..yes I know we all want a P-51 B/C and other things but why not a Ki-100. As has been said many times as well, the Japanese companies such as Hasegawa and Tamiya have supposedly done very well on home soil with doing their aircraft so maybe ZM will tap into that.

I am also curious about what you say about the Alley Cat Ki-100, as it was born by the company that I used to own I have a fairly good idea how many we made and sold, do you guys have any real idea? I would love to know what you are basing your thoughts on. Yes we did not sell them in the thousands but there are very few SMALL cottage industry resin kits that sell at those numbers without going through major dealerships etc. Also remember back then even the internet and Facebook/ YouTube etc were not even at the place we are at with all that now and we did not have huge flashing adverts………..

As I have said before a very talented craftsman in my friend Phil Edwards made the masters for that and many other Alley Cat projects when under my ownership, he is unfortunately no longer with us. However he did eventually came to the conclusion that there were some errors in regards to the wing roots etc. but that was after he had gained more direct access to the one that was at Cosford. To be honest it looked and felt like a Ki-100, and that it was all old style model making created no fancy computers, 3D printing etc. in a time that must be at least 15 years ago now. I think it was a bold attempt to what gets dished up now by far larger companies resin or injection moulded with more resources and more technology than was available to a man in his shed in Shropshire.

Put it this way we made more than a return out of the Ki-100 and Ki-61 family that Phil mastered and I sold, and even after the moulds we’re not in my ownership Phil told me how many he was still having to make for the new owner.

So guess away to how many were sold in a ball park and I will tell you when you are nearly at the correct type number, I do not have an exact figure obviously but have a very good idea.

52 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

I think the Ki-100 is a great choice, at least it is something different. I never understand it, people moan when it is another Spitfire, 109, 190, P-51 etc…..yes I know we all want a P-51 B/C and other things but why not a Ki-100. As has been said many times as well, the Japanese companies such as Hasegawa and Tamiya have supposedly done very well on home soil with doing their aircraft so maybe ZM will tap into that.

I am also curious about what you say about the Alley Cat Ki-100, as it was born by the company that I used to own I have a fairly good idea how many we made and sold, do you guys have any real idea? I would love to know what you are basing your thoughts on. Yes we did not sell them in the thousands but there are very few SMALL cottage industry resin kits that sell at those numbers without going through major dealerships etc. Also remember back then even the internet and Facebook/ YouTube etc were not even at the place we are at with all that now and we did not have huge flashing adverts………..

As I have said before a very talented craftsman in my friend Phil Edwards made the masters for that and many other Alley Cat projects when under my ownership, he is unfortunately no longer with us. However he did eventually came to the conclusion that there were some errors in regards to the wing roots etc. but that was after he had gained more direct access to the one that was at Cosford. To be honest it looked and felt like a Ki-100, and that it was all old style model making created no fancy computers, 3D printing etc. in a time that must be at least 15 years ago now. I think it was a bold attempt to what gets dished up now by far larger companies resin or injection moulded with more resources and more technology than was available to a man in his shed in Shropshire.

Put it this way we made more than a return out of the Ki-100 and Ki-61 family that Phil mastered and I sold, and even after the moulds we’re not in my ownership Phil told me how many he was still having to make for the new owner.

So guess away to how many were sold in a ball park and I will tell you when you are nearly at the correct type number, I do not have an exact figure obviously but have a very good idea.

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

Agree with all you've said ,kind sir! I have tried ,heaven knows I've tried to get your conversion[ without success]. That you're able to make a profit shows that it is not a niche aircraft. And congrats to you for having some vision beyond the normal line up of releases. I would have no idea how many you sold, that bit was enough tells me a lot.