I need a little advice. I do not have any good P-40 references, so I'm relying on the internet to find what I can. Trouble is, there are so many subtle differences in P-40 variants, that I am having a tough time finding solid info on all of the lights that should be on an E model. I read Thierry's old tweak list, and a few other threads here.
Here's what I believe is correct so far:
- Delete the fuselage side lights below the canopy.
- The right wing tip lights should both be green (bluish lenses, with a warm bulb = green light)
- The left wingtip lights should both be red lenses.
- The tail lights should both be white or clear lenses.
- The landing light on the bottom side of the left wing is clear.
Here's where I get stuck:
- Many photos of actual planes and lots of builds, show another white or clear light on the fuselage spine right behind the cockpit - others don't show it, and the kit does not include one. Which is right for an E model?
- The kit has two formation? lights on the bottom of the fuselage right behind the wing root, but almost every E model photo I can find does not show these lights. I assume they should be deleted, is that correct?
- There is also another large light molded on the bottom of the right rear wing root that I can't find good info on. What is it, and should it be there? If so, what color is it?
A couple of other things not related to lights:
- There is a hole in the front of the right wing root (for a cockpit vent, I think). Shouldn't there be one on the left side, too?
- I believe the hole in the front of the right landing gear knuckle is BS, and should be filled. Is that correct?
- I can't decide whether to add the little gun camera pod or not. It certainly doesn't show up in a lot of photos, so what do you guys think? Thanks,