WnWs rumor

Fred Jack

If - if - the moulds are sold, they're more likely to be bought by a Chinese investment firm than any of the model firms we know. Simply put, they'll be too expensive for anyone other than Tamiya or Trumpeter, and I can't see Tamiya being interested.

Having said that, we still have no idea what's going on internally other than all the staff have been made redundant and they've shut up shop. Only time will tell.

5 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Revell doesn't own itself.

Although I wished  Revell had had a chance to buy the DR.1 or even the Lanc it´s true,  Quantum ,the owner of RevG , sees the future of their brand in different subjects than plastic modelling. My (realistic) fear is that the SR 71 will be their last own development for quite a while.

be

Well, since we are allowed to spew made-up stuff, here is my excreta. The moulds do not need to be sold and WNW can continue without any staff. WNW can keep the moulds in storage and take orders from various companies for the components. Let us say that Revelamyiamura wants to release the Albatros in their own boxing, they make a call to whoever is in charge of the warehouse, who then will hook the moulds to an injection machine, push the plastic, send the plastic to the purchaser, remove the mould from the machine, return it to storage, count the money with a big grin on the face and then return to playing games on the mobile phone until the phone rings and start again. That is how Esci stuff keeps showing up under different labels. 

Radu 

1 hour ago, Radub said:

Well, since we are allowed to spew made-up stuff, here is my excreta. The moulds do not need to be sold and WNW can continue without any staff. WNW can keep the moulds in storage and take orders from various companies for the components. Let us say that Revelamyiamura wants to release the Albatros in their own boxing, they make a call to whoever is in charge of the warehouse, who then will hook the moulds to an injection machine, push the plastic, send the plastic to the purchaser, remove the mould from the machine, return it to storage, count the money with a big grin on the face and then return to playing games on the mobile phone until the phone rings and start again. That is how Esci stuff keeps showing up under different labels. 

Radu 

KnTwu5.jpg

The one aircraft that fascinates me in all of this that has been released is the Gotha UWG: It looked like an optimistic call to release something that esoteric and now with the shut down how many of those are ever likely to be bought, let alone built? I love planes wearing clown shoes but I am betting that we rarely if ever see that kit built in the future. 

Best regards,

Paul

To mis-quote one of my favorite movies....

"Jackson, Jackson, anyone., anyone...."

Simone?

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Sir Peter pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

or maybe the molds were in a train wreck and it took a while to clean them up and they got corroded and mixed up with each other... or maybe the freighter carrying them sank mid-ocean, or "I ain't sayin' it was aliens, but...."

Now we have all the answers, you can go back and build your stash and never run out of interesting kits, since there is always another shiny object. How about that PZL P.11c? or that X-3 resin kit? or...

Tnarg

16 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

So who do you think would be?

Revell itself might not be in a position to buy WnWs assets, but Quantum Capital Partners, who own Revell, probably are. It’s anybody’s guess if they are interested.

My guess is that the moulds and IP sell for a lot less than most people expect; 60+ years of  tooling and IP from: Revell, Monogram, Aurora, Renwall, and others, sold for only $2.5 million in the Hobbico bankruptcy. WnW has a lot fewer assets than Revell.

Edited by VMA131Marine