Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Daywalker last won the day on February 7 2014

Daywalker had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About Daywalker

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Birthday 10/30/1969

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    South Central Wisconsin
  • Interests
    Aircraft and armor modeling, r/c helicopters, auto racing

Recent Profile Visitors

1,286 profile views
  1. VERY impressive work, never saw anyone turn a 1/32 cowl before. I'll be watching this one!
  2. NICE!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with, no mater what I am down for these.
  3. Are any of those schemes from the Aleutian campaign? I would love to model one from that theater.
  4. A CAD render of the engine, but I don't what engine it is. An inline 6, something German? Looks a little bit like the engine in the Stahltaube.
  5. Yeah, no thank you! I'll take shoveling mountains of snow over those critters any day.
  6. I'll be ordering two of these sheets the moment they are available!
  7. Karim- I followed the link and like the others had no problem at all following along. I am happy to see that the accompanying photos to this build are not lost, it would be a real shame for all of us to lose the WIP photos on this build! I am staggered by the quality of your work as well as the photography, and doubly so as a lot of the work is done from a hotel room! Brilliant work Karim, looking forward to the next installment!
  8. +1 Dave is a great guy, and will get you what you need. Thank you Karim for the detailed explanation on using your Silhouette for cutting the decal material, makes perfect sense to me! I have gone back a couple of times now to re-read through your thread, mind boggling stuff here. The fact you are building this "on the road" makes it even better, if that is even possible! Stunning work.
  9. Hello Kirk! Good to see you here building this one, a subject which I hope to do myself very soon! I have wanted to build this aircraft since first seeing photos of it in this scheme. I am looking forward to seeing how that KASL exhaust fits the kit, as I just got one of those myself. Signed on!
  10. Now THIS is fantastic stuff! I have seen amazing builds of WWI subjects here, but yours (both this one and the D.VII) stand above all IMHO. It's builds like this which inspire to try these WNW kits. I have several now, just have not yet built one. Your painting skills, especially on areas often overlooked like exhausts, really make them stand out. A question if you will on how you did the decals on the Silhouette plotter? Did you scan the decal sheet, then import it into the Silhouette program and trace around it? I like what you have accomplished, and want to try something similar with mine. Thank you Karim for sharing your work with us, it is truly inspirational!
  11. Preordered two of the new Fokker D.VII's so I can avoid paying scalpers prices on Ebay a month from now!
  12. I'll third that one! I do understand not wanted to repeat ideas too often, but like Peter said there has been an abundance of WWI releases the past couple of years.
  13. Beautiful as always Mike! Tried doing that exact same aircraft a few years back, didn't work out and ended up being repainted as white 12. Always a pleasure seeing your work my friend.
  14. Cheers Wolf! I am excited to see one of these here as a WIP, watching you build one is an extra bonus. Can I ask which boxing you chose, and have you selected a particular scheme yet? I have just finished cleaning up all of the parts in my "Clerget" boxing, and noticed a few potential issues which you might want to check on yours? I purchased six WNW Camels, and three of those arrived with broken A26 parts. In each case, the rear strut was broken off right at the spot where the strut changes angles to meet the upper wing. I was able to get two replacements from WNW, will have to try and fix the third using the least damaged kit part. Part B7 (cockpit decking) has a good sized ejector pin mark on one side which protrudes out past the outer edge, and will need to be filled delicately to preserve the detail there. Also on part B7 the sprue attachment point is right between two raised rivets. I tried to clean it up without damaging them, but ended up sanding off those raised rivets. Will have to decide whether to ignore them or replace them. Finally, the molds are a bit off, leaving some good seams to clean up, especially on some of the more delicate parts. On mine, they are off enough so that the tiny holes on the wing struts where the rigging attaches look more like the letter "C" than an "O". Anxiously watching this one for updates, hope to follow in your footsteps soon!
  • Create New...