Kotare teaser - it's a Bf 109K!

mozart

24 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

A 109. K.

I am underwhelmed. I'll not be buying - a distinct lack of imagination here, a huge degree of playing it safe. 

I kind of disagree and agree at the same time.  My expectation was they would do a main stream subject that would sell.  The 109 series makes perfect sense to me in that regard, I thought though the Spitfire MKI though would be balanced against a BOB 109E.  The K was a huge surprise to me, unfortunately we know anything German sells.  There is also a general and in my opinion over wrought fascination with the K as the ultimate 109.  I wish it were something else personally however I will buy one.  I also expect this is the beginning of a series and we will see a lot of 109 variants come from Kotare.  We will actually see alingning gear and wheel alignments that makes sense and fit well, as well as align well, they will eliminate fussy and unneeded panel lines.  The cockpit detail will be outstanding.  Personally I have never built a K so will get one, however I will look foreword to the more popular versions like the G series and will get one of those.  It makes sense to go here as Zouke just released the G boxing which has parts for a ton of variants but a lot more parts as a whole, so this will be a simple build and a great alternative to Zoukei style.  This line of kits should ensure that Kotare can build some momentum and maybe someday they will do some of the different kits people want and take some risks.  But early on I thought they should take zero risk.  

Dumb production policies and subject matter choices were a factor in killing WNW, I do not want to see that again.     

ALRIGHTY THEN!  I'm down for one K and dammit, be quick about it!  I don't yet know how many factories built the 109K (I think at least two) but I hope they include the different parts to represent any differences between the factory production runs (i.e., MTT-Regensburg, Erla- Leipzig, et. al) 

Here's also hoping they do the 109G-10 too (and with all the various details to represent the different firms that produced it)

1 hour ago, Mark P said:

IIRC, were there not issues with the shape of the rear fuselage on the 32nd Hasegawa Bf 109 K? This MAY address that matter.

Mark Proulx

What I don:t like about 1/32 Hasegawas is the 109 and 190 series were more akin to 1/48 kits so far as overall detail and parts layout goes.  

6 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

What I don:t like about 1/32 Hasegawas is the 109 and 190 series were more akin to 1/48 kits so far as overall detail and parts layout goes.  

They are somewhat simplified by todays standards but don't forget, those Hasegawa 1/32 kits were 'cutting edge' 20+ years ago when they were released and still make very nice models if treated with some aftermarket and TLC. If anything, what we have today is a testament to manufacturers responding to modeller demands.

Gary

Great choice :speak_cool:

Looking forward to build and paint one. Always liked the late war brown-violet and green(s) much more than the gray/green Luftwaffe livery. Add that yellowish latewar RLM 76 and the unpainted areas under the wings - Kotares K-4 will become a really nice canvas for painting your very own model without any hassles regarding airframe shapes and details. You know about this if you ever dipped your toe into a Hasegawa kit or Revells own 109 line... A correct K-4 right out of the box. Yikes :punk:

I still have a Revell/Hasegawa K-4 in the stash, but always earmarked for an Avia S-199 conversion. I am very glad to get the choice to build and paint a state-of-the-art K-4 in near future.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

Bf 109K-4...brilliant! I'm a fan of late war 109's. Will help fill Kotare's coffers for future kits.

A bit disappointed in the "will not buy responses" right off the bat. With the Spit many bought kits in order to keep Kotare going, without being big fans of the a/c. Myself included.

Oh well....

10 hours ago, mozart said:

Well that’s an excellent result, it means I won’t be buying it so not adding to my stash which is, though small by most standards, big enough. Thank you. 

Indeed, me too.  I can save my money for ...

7 hours ago, Shoggz said:

Intriguingly, the e-mail also has the line:

"Additionally, work is well underway on various other all-new subjects which we will announce in due course.."

So, the speculation can continue! ;)

... the Allison Mustang series which really must be in the works ... mustn't it ... :please:

3 hours ago, DeanKB said:

A 109. K.

I am underwhelmed. I'll not be buying - a distinct lack of imagination here, a huge degree of playing it safe. 

However, it is practically guaranteed money in the bank for Kotare- they can overwhelm us when they're on a sounder financial footing.

Edited by MikeC

3 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Bf 109K-4...brilliant! I'm a fan of late war 109's. Will help fill Kotare's coffers for future kits.

A bit disappointed in the "will not buy responses" right off the bat. With the Spit many bought kits in order to keep Kotare going, without being big fans of the a/c. Myself included.

Oh well....

Well, I must admit to being one of those.  But on the other hand those late-war Luftwaffe schemes with mismatched pre-painted panels and sections are rather fun to do, so never say never.