Kotare teaser - it's a Bf 109K!

mozart

46 minutes ago, Tony T said:

[Kits from]...older tooling should be sold cheaply. The age of the tooling should in fact be be labelled on the box top and should create an auto-discount to drive those dreadful kits into the second-hand styrene underworld after 25 years...

15 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Old kits are nearly as expensive as new ones for a simple reason: many buyers have no clue about the date of the initial release! So, as a company, it is an easy way to increase profitability.

Hence my remark. Kits are not fine port or single malt scotch that appreciate with age. Or rare coins. 

TBH, given the lifetime of decals and masks kits are more like parmesan cheese. Thank goodness for resuscitating aftermarket to keep them viable. And selling vinegary old plonk at beaujolais nouveau prices is going to put off a lot of budding amateur cooks. 

I wish Kotare well and feel they need to start diversifying subject matter fairly soon, so am intrigued by the mystery 32009. Even the Supermarine aficionados can, surely, only buy so many Spitfires from one firm? Or am I missing something? 

Tony 

11 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, I could still buy at least of dozen of other Seafire/Spitfire marks if Kotare finally releases them! The line ended with the type 47 notwithstanding mark subvariants! So, there is a large margin... ;)

That's understandable in the smaller scales, but in 1:32 it's, er, somewhat enthusiastic!

Does anyone know when the Kotare 32009 subject reveal will happen?

Tony 

20 hours ago, Tony T said:

That's understandable in the smaller scales, but in 1:32 it's, er, somewhat enthusiastic!

Does anyone know when the Kotare 32009 subject reveal will happen?

Tony 

Kotare? :rofl:

I will have to buy one of these just on principle, not my first choice but i was hopping for a 109 series, I just thought it was a given they would do the E series.  I will buy one of these though to support them.  Probably will preorder and buy direct.  It also helps I have never built a K