Kotare teaser - it's a Bf 109K!

mozart

I'm.very happy with this release and will be definitely buying one as Im a big fan if late war 109's. The Spitfire is very cleverly thought out and builds beautifully so I'm expecting more if the same  Will be interesting to see the breakdown of the nose section as hopefully this will give us some clues on if they ate planning other variants in particularany AS variants......we can Hooe!

Regards  Andy 

Not really my cup of tea, but I  wish Kotare every success with this one. I have a couple of Hasegawas in the stash and, for some reason, four Eduard E's.

Not a massive fan of the black cross stuff, so excruciating accuracy of the type isn't a deal clincher for me.

Looking forward to their next offerings. 

Let the speculation commence! 

:frantic:

46 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Bf 109K-4...brilliant! I'm a fan of late war 109's. Will help fill Kotare's coffers for future kits.

A bit disappointed in the "will not buy responses" right off the bat. With the Spit many bought kits in order to keep Kotare going, without being big fans of the a/c. Myself included.

Oh well....

Doing a subject as well modelled as the 109 is immediately going to see many people opting out, purely because they feel they are already adequately supplied. When you already have several 109's in your stash, with associated AM, it's perfectly logical to decide to hold back your diminishing funds for something entirely missing in 1/32, like a decent early P-51, or a Beaufighter, a BE.2 (in plastic), Blenheim, Hampden, Halifax, etc.

The pull of an early Spitfire was pretty strong, because there wasn't a half-decent early Spitfire out there & it was an important period in WWII. The 109K just doesn't have that pull for many people.

But what do I know!? I'm sure Kotare did their research first, I'm just some bloke with a dozen 1/32 109's already...

Pleased it’s been announced, and will definitely be getting quite a few 

surprised at the choice, but it will sell in bucket loads

also surprised in that once they decided on a 109, this was the one they went for; indeed of all the WWII variants it’s the one I would have thought the *least* likely.

those citing the Zoukei-mura 109 as the reason they didn’t choose the G-6 ‘family’ are very wrong in my (worthless!) opinion - there is near zero overlap / cannibalisation risk, because unless you absolutely must have an engine and all else be damned, I’ve seen enough from Kotare to realise that whatever the subject, it will be far superior to anything Z-m would churn out.

i am trying to put Kotare in touch with Lynn Ritger since they reached out for ‘experten’ (sic) - he is about to release a book on the technical development of the 109 covering *all* variants, and I’m not aware of anyone who knows more about the plane.

4 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Pleased it’s been announced, and will definitely be getting quite a few 

surprised at the choice, but it will sell in bucket loads

also surprised in that once they decided on a 109, this was the one they went for; indeed of all the WWII variants it’s the one I would have thought the *least* likely.

those citing the Zoukei-mura 109 as the reason they didn’t choose the G-6 ‘family’ are very wrong in my (worthless!) opinion - there is near zero overlap / cannibalisation risk, because unless you absolutely must have an engine and all else be damned, I’ve seen enough from Kotare to realise that whatever the subject, it will be far superior to anything Z-m would churn out.

i am trying to put Kotare in touch with Lynn Ritger since they reached out for ‘experten’ (sic) - he is about to release a book on the technical development of the 109 covering *all* variants, and I’m not aware of anyone who knows more about the plane.

:popcorn:

Not all of us are opening up our wallets for a two bladed early Mk-1 Spitfire either, eh?  Just saying.  A great choice for a start up company.  Kotare obviously love the Spitfire variants and need to keep the company rolling profitability wise. Hopefully, for years to come.  Smart move.   Mark VB and C Spit would be incredible.  An early Hurricane would also be most welcomed.  A P-51B/C is just out of reach for any company for one damn reason or another.  It's just too popular and way too cool.   :coolio:

28 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

John 1…. Outrage?  Really?  about Kotare offering a 109k?   What were these outragers expecting/wanting?  You have read my opinion about any new P-51 that is not a b/c variant.  

John has a running joke about the absolute need for another P-51K...