New Kotare kit for late 2024 announced

Borsos

8 minutes ago, Pete Roberts said:

A Hurricane Mk I would give them several options - plenty of variety there, so several boxings.

I know mate, though ominously, Revell are off down the Hurricane route. 

Edited by CharmyDown

The key is that this new kit will compliment their Spitfire.  These guys seem to be in it to make money (unlike WNW), so I think that pretty much eliminates obscure (and/or French) subjects.   Based on that, I think we are down to 2 potential kits - a Hurricane or an Emil.  As a long shot, maybe a -110.     Personally, I’m good with either Luftwaffe subject.  Don’t know why but the Hurricane does nothing for me.   

A Hurricane Mk.I or a P-51B would definitely help Kotare move into the future with more bucks in the bank.

The P-51B would pretty much outsell anything else I can think of at this point, I'd buy several.

That being said, I'll probably get whatever they come up with, they've proven themselves with their first releases (as we knew they would).

6 hours ago, Christa said:

Strictly nit picking, is this thread title a tad misleading? 

On the other hand, and since our speculation is all good fun - Bristol Blenheim, with apologies Max, of course.

Hear! Hear Sir! @Christa I’d take a Blenheim (But a MkIV please) all day, every day.

Kind regards,

Paul

2 hours ago, Johnny Cloud said:

A Hurricane Mk.I or a P-51B would definitely help Kotare move into the future with more bucks in the bank.

The P-51B would pretty much outsell anything else I can think of at this point, I'd buy several.

That being said, I'll probably get whatever they come up with, they've proven themselves with their first releases (as we knew they would).

@Johnny Cloud You raise a good point: sometimes it is not the subject that attracts us as modellers but the joy of the kit that a manufacturer has created and how well it goes together. Kotare fit that description very neatly. I’d buy pretty much any subject Kotare made if they continue to make kits to the standard of research and manufacture that the Spitfire Mk1a has been created with.  Kotare PL-11 Airtruck anyone? (the original New Zealand version…)

X5PuqE.jpg

Kind regards,

Paul

A P-51B or C, with Malcolm hood option, would be a license to print money I suspect.  One other option, and a plane that our Kiwi friends had quite a few of in WW2, is the P-40 in E through to N versions.  The old Hasegawa models, while not bad at all, are ancient and I'm sure Kotare would do that series justice.

Cheers,

Michael

I know we're all in speculation mode [me included] , but please no more Bf-109s for awhile . I'm speaking as a serious 109 fanatic too but enough is a enough. I know Luftwaffe sells ,true enough but there's other subjects that will also bring in some serious revenue. I'll root for a P-51B/C though I don't know Mustangs all that well [ do like the razor back though] I'll be a gettin' my coat now.

3 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I know we're all in speculation mode [me included] , but please no more Bf-109s for awhile . I'm speaking as a serious 109 fanatic too but enough is a enough. I know Luftwaffe sells ,true enough but there's other subjects that will also bring in some serious revenue. I'll root for a P-51B/C though I don't know Mustangs all that well [ do like the razor back though] I'll be a gettin' my coat now.

I counted no less than 11 unbuilt 109s in my stash. Enough is enough :D

13 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

If this is a 109 I hope this will be a Jumo engined one!

Sensibly ... It's the most logical selection given other manufacturers have the market cornered with the other major marques.

... And before anyone states the obvious - "Kotare don't make money from Cyber-Hobby sales" - bear this in mind ... Hobby 2000 just re-popped some Cyber Hobby kits a while back. These Cyber Hobby kits are very detail heavy (more than Kotare's Spitfires), superbly accurate, have no real vices (apart from the cowl fit over the engine - which takes a little patience and work to accomplish) and these can be purchased for about 60% of the retail of those current Kotare kits. Unless you're a complete brand snob (or a collector like me :D ) ... it's a no brainer decision for the majority of the population! So a Bf.109E-3 or 4 might seem like a great idea, but may take a long time to sell!

The odd one out (mass-produced) would be the E-1 - with Eduard kits becoming scarce and no conversion available for the Cyber-Hobby E series.

A - thru - D would be obvious choices ... as well as perhaps giving the 'T' a look at?

But that's if they ARE indeed, looking at an opponent in the short term ... Realistically, the only information we have is that it's a mainstream release (not a Special Ed) it's number is 32009 and it's not a Spitfire ... on a Venn Diagram it's a subset that's about as vague as you can get!! We only have 'kitsets' numbered 32001 (Mk.Ia Mid) and 32601 (Mk.Ia Mid SE) released at present, 32004 (Mk.Ia early) is nearly due and 32002 (Mk.Va) is slated as next on the production run ... That leaves 32003 and 32005-8 unannounced ... 5 out of 9 kits ... I'd think we've got a better chance of guessing what Spitfires are on the planned run for the next releases, quite frankly ...

Since the Mk.Va is on the way and the Mk.V was the most produced variant - surely a Mk.Vb must be on the cards now? ... If not kit 32003 then surely 5-8??

Rog :)