New Kotare kit for late 2024 announced

Borsos

56 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I think you are reading that statement wrong if you think it pertains to a plane with a visible radial engine front.  I only assume the statement relates to this build decision for this plane.  It may be the way they do all liquid cooled in line engines, but as it would not makes sense for a radial, I think it reasonable to believe they would do something else.  

Think Tony may have made this comment slightly tongue in cheek……British sense of humour. (Spelt with a ‘u’ :D

Edited by mozart

On 10/29/2023 at 5:07 AM, mattcour said:

Why the mystery, I will never understand! If a manufacturer is making a new kit then why not announce whatever it is? Are they afraid of competition? Well, then just announce the kit when it is about to be launched and your competitors cannot catch up. 

This does not help anybody, does it? I don't see the modelers benefiting from this other than making wishlists and nor do I think it helps the manufacturers at all in any way.

Sincerely asking, am I missing something?

Good question. I understand some secrecy but if by it’s imminent why. I don’t think the manufacturers care about modellers wish lists just that they purchase what comes out. 
I imagine they could be trying to create some buzz by being mysterious but apart from that can’t answer your question 

Edited by Pup7309

I'm leaning in the direction of a Bf-109E. It'll sell [ remember ww2 Luftwaffe sells] and it could be considered to be a "companion" to the spitfire. the second most likely would be the hurricane ,followed by a Stuka [same reason as the -109E] those would be the "smart" money. As far as I'm concerned , we need another 109 like a hole in the head speaking ONLY for me, myself and I

On 10/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, mattcour said:

Why the mystery, I will never understand! If a manufacturer is making a new kit then why not announce whatever it is? Are they afraid of competition? Well, then just announce the kit when it is about to be launched and your competitors cannot catch up. 

This does not help anybody, does it? I don't see the modelers benefiting from this other than making wishlists and nor do I think it helps the manufacturers at all in any way.

Sincerely asking, am I missing something?

Clever marketing.

These "what will it be" style posts keep people talking about Kotarë right up until the chat changes to "why did they choose that"/"look what they got wrong" threads. If they announced what they're going to release 6 months out, they'll have the headlines for a few days until the next big thing comes along. Keeping people guessing keeps them on the top page. It'll also lead to website visits and Google searches. All good things in the current age. 

The semantics of ‘complimentary’ :huh:

well sounds like a Hurricane if in BoB. I guess if NZ had early mk Spitfires a P40 could compliment it ( or even North Africa ) but bit of a long bow as I imagine Spits replaced P40s. 
Compliment in a modeling sense sounds like figures and a diorama. Then again an early 109 could ‘complement’ a Spit, or a Ju87b. Or even a PT boat or Walrus as mentioned. Is it in 1/32? Assuming yes. 

3 hours ago, Tony T said:

I'm still hoping it's a ground support set. 

The other "complementary" factor is rescue, and while I doubt it's an RAF powerboat to pluck soggy pilots out of the Channel it could, remotely, be a Walrus. I'd buy it.

Tony 

@Tony T, I agree with @Pete Roberts - that is a great piece of lateral thinking!  I would buy a ground support set, a 1/32 Rescue Launch and indeed a Walrus as long as they are as well researched and engineered as the two Spitfire kits I have purchased from them. But, If I were running Kotare I’d make the next releases the following:

1. Messerschmitt Bf109 E3

2. North American P-51B Mustang

3. Hawker Hurricane.

Then I’d do something more ‘esoteric’ like ( @mozart) an Avro Anson, or ( @Christa) a Bristol Beaufighter, or ( @CRAZY IVAN5) a Lysander. 

From the numbering that we know about, their planning (and possibly their development), is at least 9 kit types in: 

VjS6BE.jpg

For now then, I am happy to wait and see what they announce. Exciting times!

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes

5 hours ago, Archimedes said:

@Tony T, I agree with @Pete Roberts - that is a great piece of lateral thinking!  I would buy a ground support set, a 1/32 Rescue Launch and indeed a Walrus as long as they are as well researched and engineered as the two Spitfire kits I have purchased from them. But, If I were running Kotare I’d make the next releases the following:

3. Hawker Hurricane.

Then I’d do something more ‘esoteric’ like ( @mozart) an Avro Anson, or ( @Christa) a Bristol Beaufighter, or ( @CRAZY IVAN5) a Lysander. 

From the numbering that we know about, their planning (and possibly their development), is at least 9 kit types in: 

VjS6BE.jpg

Kind regards,

Paul

Of that list ,I'd being willing to bet that the next one will be the Hurri. It makes sense if you wanted to compliment the Spitfire. Now whether it'll be a Mk I or Mk II that might be another open question. This could get real interesting. My personal choice out of that list would be the P-51B/C as I've already got the other 2[ good kits both].

9 hours ago, Archimedes said:

3. Hawker Hurricane.

VjS6BE.jpg

Kind regards,

Paul

Yeh or you could have some pilots lazing in chairs or bolting with the guy on the phone in the hut shouting ‘scramble!’ Maybe mechanics helping pilots to get in…