New Kotare kit for late 2024 announced

Borsos

8 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I just have to ask . Why do you think it's too quick for them ? I mean it's a new company but the people involved aren't newbes. I'm asking because I do value your view points so I'm being curious out of respect.

Well, I do not have a crystal ball but development of a new kit asks for years (commonly 3 to 5 as a minimum) and in the meanwhile the company needs to stay afloat. Practically this means minimising risk and investment while earning a sufficient amount of money. There are not twenty ways to do that! Releasing reasonably small aircrafts of well known topics not covered by good and accurate kits seems to me the less risky approach. And this strategy should go further than a single kit family (Spitfire). All the guys are savvy but they do not have anymore the deep pockets of Mr. Jackson behind them. So the business model is obviously tighter. As a freelancer having his own company it looks logical to me to manage such a business in that way. The future will tell us if I'm right or wrong but I would not be surprised seeing at least three lines of profitable 'small' topics before seeing something else being released! Wait and see...;)

10 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, I do not have a crystal ball but development of a new kit asks for years (commonly 3 to 5 as a minimum) and in the meanwhile the company needs to stay afloat. Practically this means minimising risk and investment while earning a sufficient amount of money. There are not twenty ways to do that! Releasing reasonably small aircrafts of well known topics not covered by good and accurate kits seems to me the less risky approach. And this strategy should go further than a single kit family (Spitfire). All the guys are savvy but they do not have anymore the deep pockets of Mr. Jackson behind them. So the business model is obviously tighter. As a freelancer having his own company it looks logical to me to manage such a business in that way. The future will tell us if I'm right or wrong but I would not be surprised seeing at least three lines of profitable 'small' topics before seeing something else being released! Wait and see...;)

The way you've explained things makes sense to me. I understand now why you feel it's too quick for them at this stage . Outstanding explanation kind sir! 

1 hour ago, Andreas Beck said:

moneybringer, oddity, moneybringer, oddity,........

Spit, Blackburn Blackburn, P-51 B/C (wish it was an A), Blackburn Cubaroo,.......

lost my 2 cents

I forgot one other I'd like to see done , a 32 nd SeaVenom, Matchboxes rendition is looonnnng in tooth  if you can even find them. Probably in the" risky" category.

3 hours ago, AlanG said:

Seeing wishlists from modellers is free market research ;)

Maybe... but one I would hardly rely on if I was a manufacturer, given the diversity of any such list. And probably not the best way of choosing their subjects too I should say, considering Kitty Hawk is rumoured to place too much emphasis on these and we all know how they were rewarded.

Edited by mattcour

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I think getting so quickly a multi-engined plane from them is probably a wishful thinking...

99% of wish list threads are! I’m thinking they won’t go above one engine for first few kits to get some money in the bank. Remember the Gotha UWD from WNW? I’m sure Richard and crew do- and they won’t be risking their non bankrolled by a billionaire company with modellers fantasy wishes. But happy to be proven wrong there’s always a chance they could bring out some monstrous kit that costs too much sits in a warehouse and bankrupts them

Edited by Pup7309

23 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Heck, we don't even know if they will stick to World War II :-p

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Sounds good! Anything from 1911- 2023

In that case I’ll add to the wish list an updated Spad vii and Albatros DIII. 

CSM and Lukgraph are doing Hanriot HD1 so that is most popular single engine WW1 covered 

On 10/28/2023 at 3:13 PM, thierry laurent said:

Spot on Thierry. Here is a thought: whatever Kotare are planning as future releases, even those in the far future, does everyone realize they have probably been chosen a long time ago and are being worked on right now? Let’s not forget the Lancaster was one of the first things WnW started work on…

Edited by Archimedes

1 hour ago, mozart said:

Talking of “engines”, and for those who aren’t on Fb, I thought this response from Kotare might be of interest:

OjpFwz.jpg

1 hour ago, mozart said:

So nothing with a radial engine then.

Tony

Edited by Tony T
Weird things happened

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

So nothing with a radial engine then.

Tony

I think you are reading that statement wrong if you think it pertains to a plane with a visible radial engine front.  I only assume the statement relates to this build decision for this plane.  It may be the way they do all liquid cooled in line engines, but as it would not makes sense for a radial, I think it reasonable to believe they would do something else.