Revell 1/32 Gloster Meteor F.3

KiwiZac

Posted on Britmodeller by IT_Man:

Have been told that this has appeared in Revell's pricing list for next year. Apparently not clear which variant just yet, so guess we'll need to wait and see!

Think one of the German sites does a roundup just after Christmas?

Edited by Kagemusha
Change of title

40 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Well way too soon to tell anything . I just hope it's anew tool and not the H-K one, I've heard not too good of things about that one, though opinions vary

I've built it (though admittedly a test shot) and thought it was fine. A bit light on for detail, with some visible inaccuracies around the engine nacelles, but otherwise it was a fun build.

jpOI28.jpg

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I've built it (though admittedly a test shot) and thought it was fine. A bit light on for detail, with some visible inaccuracies around the engine nacelles, but otherwise it was a fun build.

jpOI28.jpg

Kev

Very nice job! I almost pulled the trigger on this, need to do some research of the kit on my own.

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

OK let us all wish for an F-8 and new tool.  We need to focus the… Force.

I can't promise the force, at my age I can only offer the farce, but I will put my hands together and mutter my new mantra - "dear spaghetti monster, please make it an F.8, in 1/24 . I've paid my dues, I finished the Classic Airframes 1/48 Meteor F.8  Early and contributed more than my fair share to the swear jar during it's (so called ) construction.  I'll accept the kit in 1/32 and pay penance with 300 "Hail Meatballs" and 1000 "our Pastas, who's art be in styrene, shallow be thy panel lines. Thy box art is fun, thy decals shall stun, at home or in a build thread..."

Edited by Smokeyforgothispassword
Vodka, lots and lots of vodka

35 minutes ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

I can't promise the force, at my age I can only offer the farce, but I will put my hands together and mutter my new mantra - "dear spaghetti monster, please make it an F.8, in 1/24 . I've paid my dues, I finished the Classic Airframes 1/48 Meteor F.8  Early and contributed more than my fair share to the swear jar during it's (so called ) construction.  I'll accept the kit in 1/32 and pay penance with 300 "Hail Meatballs" and 1000 "our Pastas, who's art be in styrene, shallow be thy panel lines. Thy box art stuns, thy decals shall stun, at home or in a build thread..."

Spoken like a true pastafarian, an F.8 would be cool though I'd still like a NF.11

5 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Well way too soon to tell anything . I just hope it's anew tool and not the H-K one, I've heard not too good of things about that one, though opinions vary

I have to agree with Kevin here.  The HKM kit is very good, but a bit basic.  Aside from the errors Kevin mentioned, the kit is a little light in detail.  The cockpit is good, as is all the exterior, but engine detail is poor with just exhausts and front engine blanks.  Yet they provide a removable engine cover.:hmmm:  I've built two of them, however, and I'm very happy with both, adding the Profimodeler resin engines to each and a Fisher T.7 conversion set to the other..

fyyFPJ.jpg

wKvni1.jpg

That said, if Revell do release their own, I wouldn't be unhappy if they did a Mk.III or a Mk.8.  The daddy of them all was the NF-14, but perhaps this version would not have as much appeal to most modellers.

meteor%2014_l.jpg

Cheers,

Michael

I have a built F8 - so an F9 or even an earlier F3 would be nice , in terms of business opportunities however I guess the f8 is the one to choose , huge choice of marking options -still can't help but hanker after an NF11 or even a 14 - 

This is my f8 - HKM/Fisher = easy simple conversion- man I miss Fisher.:crying:

Z5ZIFys.jpg