how about an Ukranian airforce groupbuild?

blackbetty

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Aside from the fact the GBs for this year are already scheduled, this seems to have a political slant to it in that it’s essentially taking a side in a ongoing conflict.  I’m assuming that a Russian aircraft GB would be roundly rejected, but if you really wanted to make it non political, how about a Russian-Ukraine GB?  I’m not in any way supporting Russia, I’m just against politics creeping into this board, and even if people claim it’s about solidarity or other high minded principles, it’s still political in the current context, and there will be comments taking one side or the other, as has already happened.  If people want to start their own WIPs, that’s great!  But as an officially sanctioned GB of this forum, I don’t think it’s the right way to go.

I'd be inclined to agree with that.

12 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Aside from the fact the GBs for this year are already scheduled, this seems to have a political slant to it in that it’s essentially taking a side in a ongoing conflict.  I’m assuming that a Russian aircraft GB would be roundly rejected, but if you really wanted to make it non political, how about a Russian-Ukraine GB?  I’m not in any way supporting Russia, I’m just against politics creeping into this board, and even if people claim it’s about solidarity or other high minded principles, it’s still political in the current context, and there will be comments taking one side or the other, as has already happened.  If people want to start their own WIPs, that’s great!  But as an officially sanctioned GB of this forum, I don’t think it’s the right way to go.

It's just my opinion but I do not see a political slant.

It would not be an anti Russian GB.

There have been group builds such as British or Italian planes, why not Ukrainian?

Edited by Johnny Cloud
Spelling

Iraq invades Kuwait 

Modelers building Kuwaiti and coalition equipment in group builds = okay

Terrorists attack the US

Modelers building US and coalition equipment in group builds = okay

Russia invades Ukraine 

Modelers building Ukrainian equipment in group builds = political slant and 'taking sides'

I just ordered a bunch of Ukrainian Air Force decals and have kits to put them on because yeah, I'm taking their side!

I'm in

The staff have been discussing it and whilst we'd certainly like to, we've already had an example in another thread of where perfectly clear rules about not getting political were broken.

Naturally, we're disinclined to risk launching a group build that by its very nature, almost invites less restrained members, or even those who repeatedly ignore moderator directions, from getting political or snappy with each other.

The staff have no issue with anyone wanting to build a Ukrainian Air force plane in our forums...but this is a modelling site and we have a strict rule of NO POLITICS.

Thanks Matt

as we see in various threads people have all kinds of opportunities to get snappy at eachother, no need for a group build like this for it.

but i respect the decision of the staff, moreso because you run the site we all enjoy and i am thankfull for that.

4 minutes ago, blackbetty said:

as we see in various threads people have all kinds of opportunities to get snappy at eachother, no need for a group build like this for it.

but i respect the decision of the staff, moreso because you run the site we all enjoy and i am thankfull for that.

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. 

8 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Iraq invades Kuwait 

Modelers building Kuwaiti and coalition equipment in group builds = okay

Terrorists attack the US

Modelers building US and coalition equipment in group builds = okay

Russia invades Ukraine 

Modelers building Ukrainian equipment in group builds = political slant and 'taking sides'

I just ordered a bunch of Ukrainian Air Force decals and have kits to put them on because yeah, I'm taking their side!

I'm in

Building Ukrainian aircraft or not isn’t the point.  No one said that couldn’t be done.  It’s having a specific officially sanctioned GB.  In 1991 was there an official Kuwaiti GB here?  In 2001 was there a specific US GB?  I don’t think so.  

The question remains, if people want to build Ukrainian aircraft, for whatever reason, why not just start a WIP and do it?  Why does it have to be an official LSP GB?