how about an Ukranian airforce groupbuild?

blackbetty

37 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

"The reason we have shied away from a Ukrainian GB is not necessarily that the nature of the GB itself is inherently political. We are not saying that"

...Except that Dave said in his first post "this seems to have a political slant to it in that it’s essentially taking a side in a ongoing conflict" and a couple of sentences later said "I’m just against politics creeping into this board, and even if people claim it’s about solidarity or other high minded principles, it’s still political in the current context".

Like I said it's your website to run but how about some consistency in your response? I'd love to see the WIP page fill up with Ukrainian projects - hell, I'll go out of my way to come up with one and I'd welcome those who support Putin to **** on it. Anyway, thanks for your responses.

John

17 minutes ago, blackbetty said:

i am sorry i sugested it...  :(

thanx for the heads up on the wheels, i found a distributor in the netherlands that has pretty good prices and shipping rates on reskit items 

You shouldn't regret suggesting it. I regret the response from the mods.

John

7 minutes ago, jgrease said:

...Except that Dave said in his first post "this seems to have a political slant to it"

Dave is not on the LSP staff and is entitled to his own opinion just like the rest of the membership is, including yourself.

7 minutes ago, jgrease said:

Like I said it's your website to run but how about some consistency in your response? 

This has been our response after coming together as a group. While there are political overtones here, in the end our final decision was more based on the possibility of the thread going sideways because some people can't restrain themselves or self-modeate. The possibility of  conflict was determined to be high so we reached a consensus after coming together and looking at the facts. Just look at some of the conflictive posts in this very thread, and technically politics has not come up once, yet here we are.

As always we are people too with feelings about all this, but we try to take a more measured approach to these things and keep our personal feelings out, whatever they may be.

I would like to thank the membership again for it's understanding on this issue.

That's all I'm going to say about all this, and I'm hoping the same for you all as well.

30 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I agree, there is no reason so regret suggesting it Karl, you are a well respected and upstanding member of the community and have no reason to be sorry about anything.

Absolutely - it was a good idea Karl - just not right now.

Hopefully, once this is over, something similar can be revisited.

We have a duty to the whole community - and a GB on this subject - right at this moment - *would* become high maintenance for the mods and potentially confrontational.

Some of the responses here have already proven that.

There is nothing stopping any member posting their own WIP builds of related subjects - just not an official GB at present.

Iain

4 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I feel compelled to add, if you have any criticism on the way the site is being run, please contact a member of staff next time.

Actually I did while you were typing this. I think I'm still entitled to an opinion. Thanks for your instruction.

John

Edited by jgrease

• Iain locked this topic