how about an Ukranian airforce groupbuild?

blackbetty

19 minutes ago, jwest21 said:

So if one was to build a Ukranian MiG-29, which variant is correct?  The A or the C or both?  TIme frame for the plane I want to build is whatever is current.

Both would be correct depending on time frame. From what I've gathered, they're currently flying MiG-29MU1, which is basically a MiG-29C with internal upgrades. Admittedly not at all knowledgeable on any MiG aircraft, so you may want to research more.

2 hours ago, jwest21 said:

So if one was to build a Ukranian MiG-29, which variant is correct?  The A or the C or both?  TIme frame for the plane I want to build is whatever is current.

have spent the past few days looking at this ready for my Ghost of Kyiv build.  They have both A and C, I picked the trumpeter C kit as it comes with Ukrainian markings. This is a great source of photos and info relating to the Mig 29

https://defenceforumindia.com/threads/mig-29-35-fulcrums.71293/

1 hour ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

@32scalelover

Current Ukrainian aircraft do not use the red star, but a blue/yellow roundel.   If depicting an Ukrainian aircraft during the USSR era then the markings were different (no star, but the flag colours in a sort of tirangle).

Hope this helps

I believe he meant Small red stars to depict the kill score.

F-4D.png

Hi,

I cannot say specifically for Flanker ones but in general:

- Contact ones are more basic and quite often based on the kit ones.

- Armory are clearly finer but generally do not separate the rim and the tire. So you need to use masks to paint them.

- Reskit are similarly detailed and give separate rims and tires.

By default I'm generally relying on Reskit when I've the choice.

Hth 

Thierry

It's the owners' website for sure and I respect that. However this is beyond "political" in nature - the Ukrainians didn't invade Russia. The Ukrainians aren't rocketing Russian civilians. The Ukrainians haven't financed assassination teams to kill the leaders of Russia. Like it or not this is about people who did nothing to bring this on being victimized by a tyrant trying to rebuild his empire. If you're going to sit on some high horse and pretend it's somehow wrong to take sides in the face of this then so be it.

John

20 minutes ago, jgrease said:

It's the owners' website for sure and I respect that. However this is beyond "political" in nature - the Ukrainians didn't invade Russia. The Ukrainians aren't rocketing Russian civilians. The Ukrainians haven't financed assassination teams to kill the leaders of Russia. Like it or not this is about people who did nothing to bring this on being victimized by a tyrant trying to rebuild his empire. If you're going to sit on some high horse and pretend it's somehow wrong to take sides in the face of this then so be it.

John

Hi John,

The reason we have shied away from a Ukrainian GB is not necessarily that the nature of the GB itself is inherently political. We are not saying that, the issue is that the war is very heated at the moment, and tensions everywhere are very high, thus everyone's feelings are on edge. Even your own post begets the dire seriousness of the situation.

We as a team, have come to the conclusion that while we do of course feel for the people all over Ukraine, a group build specifically geared toward this current conflict could in and of itself bring conflict to the forums. All we need to look at is this thread itself about starting a Ukrainian GB, and we can see several instances of conflict between members arising just on the idea of a GB or not.   LSP by its very nature strives to keep the divisive things in life overall out of the forums so people of all types, backgrounds, countries and views can enjoy themselves. The tragedy in Ukraine is horrible, and the war will play out as it has to with the whole world watching.

While we heartily encourage the members to build any Ukrainian builds they want, we feel an LSP sectioned GB  is not a good fit at this time, not just for the reasons I've outlined above, but also because we generally already have the sectioned GB schedule put out. 

I hope this sheds a little light on things, and again the LSP staff thank you guys for your understanding on this.