1/32 Sea Fury from DBMK just announced at Telford

Ali62

On 11/22/2023 at 1:45 AM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

...  Is that the Trumpy  1/32 nd ?

Yessir, with a little reshaping of the upper cowling and gun elimiation. I started it years ago and didn't finish it for years because I couldn't get the 'Smirnoff' logo perfected. I searched the internet alot during those years and finally found a perfect high resolution example in an old time Life magazine sold online for four bucks. It had Jane Fonda on the cover from her movie Barbarella, that's how old it was. I built it as a tribute to Mira Slovak who I met acoupla times back in the mid sixties. A very cool guy in person. It was the first winner of the National races at Reno in 1964. I saw it race at a small municiple airport just outside Lancaster California.

Edited by MikeMaben

On 11/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend!    I think its gorgeous............especially when compared to the two place Sea Fury it started out as, which I do find extraordinarily hideous.  I love the single seat and think its very pretty, but that two holer in its original form is so grotesque. 

Agree completely!  Still even worse is a two seat Spitfire.  I grind my teeth into dust every time I see one.  Have to acknowledge their intended purpose though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd REALLY like to see them "up scale" their F11F Tiger[ saw the CADs, lookin'in good 1/48th though]. It's got that "jetty jet" look goin' on! First the Seafurys. I've always had a thing for  them elegant but with a  brutish "street fighter" look at the same time.

4 hours ago, Rob Colvin said:

Is this the same bunch that was doing a Dehaviland Hornet?

I believe so, although I haven't heard anything for awhile. They'd have their work cut out for them on that as I believe there's only one left in Canada and there isn't much left, I wish them well.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Rob Owens said:

Finally, a producer whose box art reflects all the "flak" the kit will receive from potential buyers:P

They have some very knowledgeable people onboard their projects, so maybe it's a reflection of tiny explosions of happiness in customers brains.