1/32 Sea Fury from DBMK just announced at Telford

Ali62

The DBMK I'm lusting after is the 1/48 Scimitar F.1, the first to come out. Should set the scene.

If DBMK proceed further there are all sorts of possibilities, including a 1/32 Sea Hawk. I do wonder if the Sea Hornet and Sea Fury are a little too sophisticated in terms of complexity, but nothing ventured... as they say. They have stated that their primary focus is outline accuracy, not fit as such, and that the models are multi-media. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

The DBMK I'm lusting after is the 1/48 Scimitar F.1, the first to come out. Should set the scene.

If DBMK proceed further there are all sorts of possibilities, including a 1/32 Sea Hawk. I do wonder if the Sea Hornet and Sea Fury are a little too sophisticated in terms of complexity, but nothing ventured... as they say. They have stated that their primary focus is outline accuracy, not fit as such, and that the models are multi-media. 

Tony 

Tony is that what they have said, even if you have a really accurate kit in out line but it is over complicated and does not fit well, then you may as well not worry in my view. 
However I am really interested to see these get released as and when, along with the ‘make up of the kit’ along with the pricing structure. I still cannot but think they have made a huge commitment for a new company with the three kits they have announced. However they will have my full support if they pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mozart said:

Just posted on Fb:

xpTvHy.png

People have been recommending a solid wing rather than folded with a possibility of underscoring for those who want a folded option, if of course the two alternative wings are not possible due to cost implications.

Well, this is a step in the right direction, sure hope a folded wing feature is part of the mix but I'll be interested no matter how it shakes out .

On 12/7/2022 at 5:07 AM, Neo said:

If the wings dont fold im not even going to look at it. Good thing cad shows folded wings

I generally build all of my Naval types[ scale notwithstanding] with the wings folded to save space . If this one doesn't have that feature I'll make an exception[ just this once]

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good! 

As for the folded wings, I think any good modeler should be able to make the wings folded or not regardless of how the kit is made. While I would prefer extended wing if you do choose to go folded I would just ask for alignment rails, or similar, inside of the wings to allow the outer wing panel to be strongly aligned and glued in place...it would help.

Looking forward to the progress on this kit !

GM

• 4 months later...

DBMK posted few new renders on their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/people/DBMK-Model-Kits/100084846155184/

345038443_1904128379943367_5317544930046

344220809_794553311862070_60511488015487

345029941_953857795766004_86796180873911

quote:

Time for an update. One unexpected impact of the Ukraine war is that we will have our first three kits, the Scimitar, Hornet F.3 and Sea Fury FB.11, ready to tool all at the same time.
In terms of getting them ready for sale it is 50/50 that we will have the Scimitar ready for Telford. We will not rush and compromise on quality hence the uncertainty.

3 hours ago, Jan_G said:

DBMK posted few new renders on their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/people/DBMK-Model-Kits/100084846155184/

quote:

Time for an update. One unexpected impact of the Ukraine war is that we will have our first three kits, the Scimitar, Hornet F.3 and Sea Fury FB.11, ready to tool all at the same time.
In terms of getting them ready for sale it is 50/50 that we will have the Scimitar ready for Telford. We will not rush and compromise on quality hence the uncertainty.

Those images look fantastic, and to be honest I'm happy if they take their time releasing them, with all the great models being released I can only afford those I want (need) by either winning the lottery or selling all of my 3 of my 4 kidneys!