Zoukei-mura Bf-109 & Fw-190 updates - New The Old Man blog n.113

Jan_G

5 hours ago, ericg said:

Sorry, what kit choice did I suggest would be better?

How can you possibly not interpret your comment as being critical of the model-making choices of others? By direct implication, you are criticising the folks who will buy this new kit and putting yourself on a "higher pedestal" than them. 

I am amazed that you can't see that.... Do you love feeling superior to other people? That's the way your comment reads.  

Chris.  

2 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

How can you possibly not interpret your comment as being critical of the model-making choices of others? By direct implication, you are criticising the folks who will buy this new kit and putting yourself on a "higher pedestal" than them. 

I am amazed that you can't see that.... Do you love feeling superior to other people? That's the way your comment reads.  

Chris.  

Hi Chris, I agree with you. It is a very rude statement from him displaying his boredom over the mentioned subjects. We all have an opinion and we should try to post constructive and insightful contributions - but, as I myself have experienced and done, we miss the mark sometimes... no need to add to the pile...

I can’t wait to see the FW-190/Me-109 get the ZM treatment!

Happy modeling mates!

Cheers

Alan

1 hour ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Chris.  

Calm down Chris.

Not all the comments can be warm and fuzzy all of the time. There are people out there that find endless repetition of subjects boring. It doesn’t  have anything to do with being critical of the choices of other people but everything to do with having a balanced opinion, something which is lacking in this forum.

It is great that ZM are releasing something that will sell and hopefully make them lots of money to be able to fund research and development of esoteric subjects. On the other hand, it’s just yet another 190/109. I am halfway through building their HE-219 and am enjoying it and only hope that they choose to do more interesting stuff like that in the future.

Eric.

1 hour ago, alaninaustria said:

Hi Chris, I agree with you. It is a very rude statement from him displaying his boredom over the mentioned subjects. We all have an opinion and we should try to post constructive and insightful contributions - but, as I myself have experienced and done, we miss the mark sometimes... no need to add to the pile...

I can’t wait to see the FW-190/Me-109 get the ZM treatment!

Happy modeling mates!

Cheers

Alan

Unfortunately, in today’s world you can’t say **** these days without hurting someone’s feelings, especially if it doesn’t fit within their own opinion.

I probably could have stuck myself out on a limb and written a nicely worded politically correct paragraph or two being critical of ZM for their kit choice that someone wouldn’t have found to be ‘rude’ but I am sure that I still would have offended someone due to having a different opinion to them. Instead I just cut to the chase.

Eric.

39 minutes ago, quang said:

Old man, look at my life

I’m a lot like you were

Give me a slatted-winged F-86

And all will be forgiven.

A man needs a maid...

...and something other than permutations of zero, one and nine.

Nonetheless, I hope they sell well for Z-M: then they can make some more twins. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, ericg said:

Unfortunately, in today’s world you can’t say **** these days without hurting someone’s feelings, especially if it doesn’t fit within their own opinion.

I probably could have stuck myself out on a limb and written a nicely worded politically correct paragraph or two being critical of ZM for their kit choice that someone wouldn’t have found to be ‘rude’ but I am sure that I still would have offended someone due to having a different opinion to them. Instead I just cut to the chase.

Eric.

I am in complete agreement with you, Eric. While I applaud ZM for taking on the 190 and 109, they as releases leave me lukewarm. The 109 is also a bit of a gamble, because that particular airframe almost has a cult-like following, and to get that wrong could be bad for their reputation. I have never seen an aircraft with more “experts” than that one. Hopefully it will be better than the Hasegawa and Trumpeter (not hard) offerings. So I hope it comes out great and sells well for them. But I will not be buying one. 

There are other airframes that have not been served in more modern times that could do with the ZM treatment. I would like to see some more twins, as well as some other IJA/IJN subjects. Time will tell what else Shigeta-San comes up with. 

I am not sure why everyone seems to want to get in a huff over an internet post. Let’s all just take a deep breath, and move on with our day, shall we? 

THOR    :ph34r:

Please don't tell me how to react to something on-line. I would say your ego is WAY too big to admit when you've made a mistake - a very narrow view of the world, but not unique to you, I'm sure.

I don't want to endlessly repeat myself on this site, so we really should "call it a day" on this one. I will not be reacting to you from here on.   

Cheers. 

Chris.  

One thing I feel is for sure, any of these kits won’t make 2021 and maybe not 2022. They are still quite a bit  late in the rest of the HS-129 variants.  And I still don’t understand way they changed the original kits as they were supposed to have one box with both the MK-103 and MK-108 cannon. Then a 2nd box with the 75mm. I still have the screen prints from their site somewhere showing this.  Odds are the D9 Fw-190 won’t be out for 3 or 4 years and they have been talking about it for the last 2 years or so. I realize they are a small company and lots of things changed in 2020 they could not control.  But these kits are a long time away from reality, at least I believe. 

Paul 

6 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Chris.  

From my perspective, you're the only one with his nose out of joint.... An opinion is an opinion....  Here's mine:  New 109, 190...Meh, zzzzzzzzzzz.... How you choose to interpret that and whether to take offense to it is solely your reaction, nobody else. You'll note that there's no implication of ANYTHING other than it's a subject I'd be bored to tears with.  There's NO inference to anything other than that.  If it's your choice to take a different meaning to it, again, that's your reaction.  You're guilty of what you attribute to others by assigning intent to their posts.

Edited by Juggernut

1 minute ago, Mark P said:

My "spidey senses" tell me that this thread is gonna be locked soon...

Mark Proulx

Mine don't, the hobby is in an incredibly healthy place considering the vast array of 1/32 kits available, not to mention those in the pipeline, there most definitely is something for everyone, which is a cause for celebration.

We have two Stearman kits from different manufacturers, it's not a subject that has me doing cartwheels, but delighted for those that do, all the while waiting patiently for a first generation Harrier series... 

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

the hobby is in an incredibly healthy place

Unfortunately, the exact opposite is true. This hobby will be pretty much dead-in-the-water in around 20 or 30 years from now (possibly sooner). The massive storm-clouds are already gathering on the horizon.

How do I know? It's pretty simple. When the current generations of model-makers are either no longer here or are too old to glue and paint, the next generations will most definitely NOT be taking up the reins. This hobby is not terribly social-media friendly (what I mean is, it is not something that fits in with the latest, short-lived, will-be-gone-tomorrow "trends"). If young folk do it all, they will keep it VERY far removed from their friends and will never post about it. You cannot underestimate just how keen most young people are to fit in with their friends - it will be THE over-riding consideration in years to come (Lord help us!).

For these reasons alone. the hobby is on its last legs.... no Ifs, Buts or Maybes. Now, you could easily argue that by the time it happens, virtually none of us will be around to even care. That argument holds quite a bit of water, but I for one am saddened by that thought.   

What MAY happen is that a tiny number of people will print 3-D models in their homes and (probably) paint them too. But traditional, injection-moulded kits are on their last legs. If no-one is buying them anymore, the manufacturers will be forced to close-down. 

Now tell me I'm wrong...

Chris.