Zoukei-mura Bf-109 & Fw-190 updates - New The Old Man blog n.113

Jan_G

15 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

I just wish they had started with a 109F instead of a G. There are lots of G's out there, few F's and I consider the F the pinnacle of the 109 as a dogfighter. Everything got heavier after that.

Oh do I agree 110% !!!! Only the Hasegawa F around - often difficult to find and a liiiiittle long in the tooth. The Trump non-F I won't even mention...

So why a G ??? sigh

Apart from that I understand early 190's are in this so that's good. And as mentioned... bring us that P-51B !!!

On 5/21/2021 at 5:10 AM, ericg said:

Yawn, yawn, yawn....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good, insightful comment!  Thanks Eric! 

While I could list a few dozen pet subjects of mine that I'd have rather ZM focus on (F-86 series, UH-1H, FM-2, etc), the bottom line is that with Tamiya apparently throwing in the towel on 32nd aircraft, I'm just happy that ZM is still staying in the LSP market and continuing to put out high quality models.   Given that the options for both 109 and 190 involve either older kits or flawed ones, I'll probably end up springing for both of these if the reviews come in favorably.  

1 hour ago, HB252 said:

I Hope the kit prices are below 50€, if not,  there is Revell for FW and Trumpeter for BF

Well given the issues both these kits have by the time you get the resin for the Revell kit it will be the same price and nothing can save the nose on the Trump 109’s.

The ZM kits come into a very open market.

Hasegawa kit- Nice kit but pretty old and lacking in cockpit detail and needs a new spinner. 

Revell kit-numerous replacement resin parts required and complex over engineered design. 

Trumpeter kit. Needs new rudder and entire new lower nose for the overly curved lower cowl which gives it the distinctive pointy nose.

If ZM nail it the 109 will be the only real all in one box accurate 109 and it will come with a full engine.

Door is wide open for the 109 not so much for the 190...

1 minute ago, Jennings Heilig said:

We have no hard evidence of that. Nobody expected them to do a 1/48 P-38F or an F-4B, and the ways of Tamiya-san are mysterious and inscrutable. You never know what’s in store.

The only evidence we have is that they haven't released anything new in quite a long time.   To me, this seems to indicate that they aren't particularly interested in this genre any more.    Be very happy to be proven wrong but until then....

On 5/21/2021 at 10:10 AM, ericg said:

Yawn, yawn, yawn....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is a very rude post. One man's boring new kit is the next man's very-eagerly anticipated, highly-valued dream model. To denigrate another's feelings about a release is the act of an unpleasant ego. At the end of the day, we all glue small bits of plastic together and paint them. I have never understood why some people believe that their choice of subject-matter is so much "better" than another's.   

Chris. 

2 hours ago, RBrown said:

A trivial note that I hesitate to mention, but in the interest of accuracy the spinner back plate was notched behind the prop blades on all G, K and some Fs. 

*throws dummy out of pram*

"It's unbuildable"

:D

12 hours ago, RBrown said:

51195805353_cc0f37062f_b.jpg

A trivial note that I hesitate to mention, but in the interest of accuracy the spinner back plate was notched behind the prop blades on all G, K and some Fs.  Perhaps this is a detail not worth consideration...

I never knew or noticed in all of the photos I've looked at!

13 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

This is a very rude post. One man's boring new kit is the next man's very-eagerly anticipated, highly-valued dream model. To denigrate another's feelings about a release is the act of an unpleasant ego. At the end of the day, we all glue small bits of plastic together and paint them. I have never understood why some people believe that their choice of subject-matter is so much "better" than another's.   

Chris. 

Sorry, what kit choice did I suggest would be better?

14 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

It's his opinion on the subject. We're all entitled to our own opinion.

From one of ZM's old posts ...

ZM's schedule :
Fw190A-3 Basic
Fw190A-4 SWS
Fw190A-5/6/7 Basic
Fw190A-8 SWS
Fw190D-9 SWS

For those who might like to save some money, you could upgrade a -3 to -4 without to much effort.

You could upgrade from a -7  to an -8 as well. How much money could be saved is still a mystery  :shrug:

The 109 is a good choice for them and for us. It will be a licence to print money and finance other topics and there is still no easily available very good kit. The 190 is somewhat different as the Revell and Hasegawa kits are very good contenders. However they only depict late marks and if we except the PCM short run offer the early marks market is still opened. So this is a clever move as well. Obviously if you invest in 190 molds it would be stupid to focus only on the early types. Nonetheless I suspect they will probably sell more early Wurgers as ZM prices are not for the occasional kit buyer and many large scale modellers already have a pile of Hasegawa and Revell kits. But wait and see...