Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Today was a banner day!  Santa came early and delivered 5 packages

1.  WNW fix #1 of Roland C.II (early), HB W.12, and DH.2 (Hawker)

2. ResKit 1/32 TER-9, GBU-54s, F-100 tanks, and 1/48 F-111C cockpit

3.  Kopecky 1/32 F-4 tail and exhausts

4.  Tamiya 1/48 F-35

5.  1/32 Hasegawa Ki-61 244th Sentai 

On 11/30/2022 at 6:01 PM, Alex said:

This is not at all modeling related, save that being here in Toronto means I'm away from the bench and not working on any models.  But for a very good cause, and IMO very worthy of some jealousy!

Here's my stepdaughter with her brand-new (as of 11/24) baby girl

pmwMNiquj

Grandma and I are appropriately elated to welcome grandkid #1 to the family...

pn97uTeuj

While I'm not building anything right now while staying at their place, I did discover that there's a great LHS (Wings and Wheels) literally walking distance away in the new neighborhood that daughter and son-in-law moved to here in Toronto (near Danforth and Coxwell, for any locals reading).  Could not help myself and bought a 1/32 Special Hobby kit there yesterday...;-)

Just saw this! Congratulations and enjoy your time in Toronto! Yup, very deserving of jealousy! What a lovely gift for this time of year.

That's a wonderful area of Toronto, lots of great eating just down Danforth too. And yes, Wheels and Wings is an amazing almost overwhelming place! Like Carl says, it's worth the drive, even for me in Kingston two+ hours away.

Again, hope you've enjoyed your time with your family!

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka
It's Wheels and Wings, not "Wings and Wheels", lol

Ukraine decals for the Tan Model 1/24 TB2 drone.  The kit has been OOP for a while, but DACO reissued the kit with additional markings for the Ukrainian TB2.  I have the original Tan Model boxing with only Turkish decals, but didn’t want buy another kit, and pay high shipping to get it over here from the EU, since it doesn’t seem available from the common US sources.  Fortunately, Danny was selling just the decal sheet, which I ordered and it arrived today.

NwchDml.jpg

Santa landed ahead of schedule for me:

52571236365_939979550b_m.jpg

This is Mr. Luca Bucchi's latest effort in resin: Dayglo Models 1:32 SIAI Marchetti SF-260 AM Trainer.

Looks like a real masterpiece at first glance.

Next week I'll try to upload image of content.

Enjoy modelling!

Stefano

6 hours ago, Stefano said:

Santa landed ahead of schedule for me:

52571236365_939979550b_m.jpg

This is Mr. Luca Bucchi's latest effort in resin: Dayglo Models 1:32 SIAI Marchetti SF-260 AM Trainer.

Looks like a real masterpiece at first glance.

Next week I'll try to upload image of content.

Enjoy modelling!

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

How did you contact him? I tried via Messenger ten days ago but never got a reply.

BR 

Thierry 

On 12/3/2022 at 6:02 PM, dutik said:

Black Friday sale was not very satisfying, but money saving. Beside some paints, thinner and glue I've got just this:

trecker2022eifi6.jpg

The pilot is made by Zebrano from Belorussia. Nice little dude (just 1/35 scale) having a smoking break. Should look fine next to a Regia Aeronautica aircraft.

The tractor was used by the German Luftwaffe to haul trailers and other stuff like this. This model was made before the war and in the early years, but a number survived the whole war and went into civilian use after the war too. Looks nice, with some PE, clear parts and the option for a roof, but it lacks painting instructions and decals. Would have been nice to have some dials and some license plates in the box.

Regards

- dutik

Never realised some did a model of this! My old camper vans (I had 2)  were a 1968 Hanomag F45, and after that a 1971 Hanomag-Henschel F45 (somewhat larger wheel base, more internal space) so I've always had kind of a weak spot for the Hanomag brand and it's history. They produced a lot of different things, from agricultural to innovative but unsuccessful trucks, cars, locomotives, etc. Even a diesel-powered record race car. And of course guns and half-tracks :( :(

Now someone needs to do the SS55 (ST55 post-war) to complete the trio, as the SS100/ST100 is there already. :)
http://kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_english/Motor_Vehicles/Germany/Hanomag/Hanomag_SS_55/hanomag_ss_55.html

Edited by jeroen_R90S

I picked this up several weeks ago, but the wife decided to claim it for a Christmas gift. It was a 'damaged box' from SB. I'm aware that there are some shortcomings, so I'll have to slowly work on acquiring some AM for it.

cLpe9t.jpg

Edit: Wow, I've never looked in one of these F-4 kits before. I realize this is an older Tamiya product, but I'm inpressed.

Edited by denders

23 hours ago, denders said:

I picked this up several weeks ago, but the wife decided to claim it for a Christmas gift. It was a 'damaged box' from SB. I'm aware that there are some shortcomings, so I'll have to slowly work on acquiring some AM for it.

cLpe9t.jpg

Edit: Wow, I've never looked in one of these F-4 kits before. I realize this is an older Tamiya product, but I'm inpressed.

dude, you’ve really never  built a big Tamiya F-4 before? :P