Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

I had a couple books arrive before Christmas.

PXL_20221222_195539405-L.jpg

PXL_20221222_195553069-L.jpg

Yesterday I went to my LHS Wheel & Wings for their annual Boxing Day sale. I broke down and picked up a couple of Tamiya kits as they were 20% off.

PXL_20221226_192558051-L.jpg

PXL_20221226_192612626-L.jpg

The Tomcat worked out to $115 CAD and the F-35 was $87 CAD so a great deal. 

Carl

Love Ducati motorcycles, I currently own a 2001 Ducati 996 Biposta.  My wife gave this to me for Christmas, Pocher 1/4 scale die cast Ducati 1299 Panigale. 

Great kit. And I'm very lucky my wife indulges me.

20230104_182416

Cheers!

Dave/Ironman1945

39 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

That’s a holy grail kit!

Cheers,  Tom

Tom, yes it is.  Very hard to find these days.

My wife tried to find one of my actual bike ... 996

IMG_0549b

but no such kit exists.  However, I cant complain as I have the real thing!

Cheers!  

Dave/Ironman1945

7 hours ago, somebody said:

nice bike! I love my 1098s. Will never sell unless/until someone offers ridiculous amount of $$$. I also have the original panigale from pocher sitting in my living room. not my best work but stare at it regulary.

I've actually taken a few Panigale's out for spins... great bikes. But... just dont like them as much as the 996, which was my dream bike for quite a few years before I finally found this one. Cheers!

So, my haul from the vendor room at Chattanooga.

First off, a large, heavy jig for large biplanes.

TFC0VD.jpg

A couple of books. I bought the US Navy book because it is published by Vallejo and perhaps the author might give out some 'secrets' when using Vallejo acrylics. I've used the Vallejo acrylics and done well with them (I think) but figured I would have a look. Who knows. :shrug:

OStD3O.jpg

Next are some tool type items. The white blades are ceramic blades. It was noted that the blades are a tad wide for a #1 handle, should probably use a #2 handle. Looking at it, they're not as wide as a #2 handle, so I'm wondering if they might slide in the handle during use. I also thought the handle shown would be useful, but I don't see how to replace the single blade that comes in it. The other items are probably self explanatory.

OLsBtt.jpg

Then, there are these kits that I picked up.

X9DcuX.jpg

And a non-LSP kit.

MtJ921.jpg

Then a kit that is made of unobtainium and the PE and decals that came with it.

f0sCUa.jpg

SzZtnq.jpg

So, I had an enjoyable trip. The better half hasn't said anything, but I probably won't be allowed to go anywhere near a show until NATS. :shrug::rolleyes::doh:

This landed on my doorstep this morning. A prize won in the LSP Raffle event, which was such a cool thing to be a part of. I will do my best to do the kit justice. I have a new sub-genre to look into now, having never looked at modelling WW1 aircraft. 

52619671385_71ba7608ff_b.jpg