Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Two more for the ol' stash.

First up, a '65 GTO convertible. Many long years ago, my best friend at the time (killed when he was 20), had a pretty nice '65. He, I and a couple of other pals, completely rebuilt the 389 from it, and we had many a great night in that car, just cruising around as a couple of carefree guys. I'll be building this as a tribute to him.

I4V81B.jpg

And one of two Pro Modeler kits I've been after, the other being the Ta 154. This was a gift from my roommate.

QZ6WPs.jpg

I picked these up at the IPMS Middle Tennessee Show today. The Malibu is a stock car kit that I want to convert to 'civilian', that was the first car that I owned. The Prowler is because I wanted to pick up a Kinetic kit to build. The LSPs were either $20 or $30 each. The P-51 has extra goodies, two sets of wheels cockpit parts, and decals. There's a paint brush stand from Lazy Dog Studios there too.

EPdK1U.jpg

My 1/24 kit collection is growing rapidly. Added the Typhoon and the Focke Wulf this week! Two more in process. Will bring me to 11. In the 70’s my older sister got me the exact MPC Mustang and BF for Xmas. They were too hard but I loved them nevertheless. Interesting fact: I’ve never completed a 1/24 kit. (And only finished one scratch).   
4jASZ5.jpg

Loot time!! 

Scored some rare Bandai kits, and the new Grogu kit from a Canadian hobby shot, at a great price. I also got super lucky and won bids on 1/6th storm troopers, was a killer deal but shipping wreak it, im still super happy about it.

last pic is a bunch of tools i got this summer from Lucky model, the tape in the black packaging is scribing tape cant wait to try it out looks very cool and flexible.

The mini Dremel pen is noce but you have to modify it to fit any standard 3mm bits

IMG_20221103_120206__Large__VAR2UnF7Y__M

IMG_20221109_145448__Large__587U9CYgy__M

IMG_20220828_153755__Large__RgwQMWUhK__M

Kit #11 added to the growing 1/24 collection. Box is massive! Surface detail superb and the only injection molded Jet in 1/24. (perhaps explains the scale's lack of popularity ?). I'll build the US Marine version of the kit one day. There is remarkably little difference between the British GR.1 and the AV-8A.  I had a walkaround with one as a kid at an airshow. I was starstruck. 

KQW4ri.jpg

14 hours ago, Jim Barry said:

Kit #11 added to the growing 1/24 collection. Box is massive! Surface detail superb and the only injection molded Jet in 1/24. (perhaps explains the scale's lack of popularity ?). I'll build the US Marine version of the kit one day. There is remarkably little difference between the British GR.1 and the AV-8A.  I had a walkaround with one as a kid at an airshow. I was starstruck. 

KQW4ri.jpg

I remember my dad building this and the 1/24 Spitfire and it's what first excited me and lit the modelling torch!

17 hours ago, Jim Barry said:

There is remarkably little difference between the British GR.1 and the AV-8A. 

From prior research, it appears to just be different seat and the potential that the camo was redone in US-spec paints, but that question has never been conclusively answered.

Matt