ICM 2024 Releases

Dennis7423

All-

According to Hannants, they have uploaded all of ICM's planned 2024 releases into their "Future Releases" section of their website. If this is the case, then ICM has zero new releases in our beloved 1/32 scale planned for 2024. While I'll wait until their official release of their catalog to truly weep, this certainly doesn't indicate good news. I hope Hannants are wrong!

The Hs-123 still shows up on their page as a IV quarter 2023 release though, with box art. Another IV quarter 2023 release, the 1/48 B-26 Marauder, has been pushed back to March of 2024, so perhaps that is when we will see the Hs-123, too.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I am truly amazed that Ukraine is doing as much as it can under the circumstances. I am really not sure that can survive on plastic models being produced when they have a war to fight and food to grow and harvest. I also heard the other day many areas only get about 8 hours of electricity a day.

I can just imagine if this was happening in many ‘western countries’ we would just go into melt down, but they just keep going.

Let's be brutally honest: quarter scale is THE aircraft scale right now, with a cornucopia of new releases. 32 scale releases are just not profitable enough for mainstream styrene companies to go into. And with most of the Asian companies focusing on the Asian market, I don't see a lot of new items coming. I'm not interested in re-igniting the 35 vs. 32 debate, so please take that to another thread-- the best releases in 1/32nd are coming form relatively small resin specialty manufacturers. I think that and 3D printing will be the direction of this segment of the flying thingy modelers. You may not LIKE what I am saying, but I review for Aeroscale and their news about 1/32nd scale kits is very rare at this point.

Edited by Bill Cross

40 minutes ago, Bill Cross said:

Let's be brutally honest: quarter scale is THE aircraft scale right now, with a cornucopia of new releases. 32 scale releases are just not profitable enough for mainstream styrene companies to go into. And with most of the Asian companies focusing on the Asian market, I don't see a lot of new items coming. I'm not interested in re-igniting the 35 vs. 32 debate, so please take that to another thread-- the best releases in 1/32nd are coming form relatively small resin specialty manufacturers. I think that and 3D printing will be the direction of this segment of the flying thingy modelers. You may not LIKE what I am saying, but I review for Aeroscale and their news about 1/32nd scale kits is very rare at this point.

I have to agree with you 100% unfortunately. ATM 1/48th is rockin' it not just in terms of number of releases but in subject matter. I give just 2 examples [ there are more], Airfix's new tool S-2 Buccaneer and the Gannet [of which I've got both]. They've really stepped up their game big time. Of course there's ICM, what a success story that's being what with their Ki-21 [which I need to grab] and the forthcoming Marauder. It's a good thing I build 1/48th in addition to big scale! The 3D /resin kits I've yet to explore[ still an unknown quantity to me] I 'll get there eventually.

2 hours ago, Bill Cross said:

Exactly. I'd much prefer 1/32 but there's a lot of subjects in 1/48 that tick the "conventional kit" box which I fear will only be available in the smaller scale: especially 1960s-1970s Cold War jets. 

The 1/35 debate is relevant as it looks set to become established and not just a passing fad. I'm okay with that as I can cope with differing realities: it's called separate shelves. 

ICM did the Cobra in 1/32 then cranked it down to 1/35, to be followed by the Tahre straight into 1/35. Again, I'm warming to this scale more as it seems an optimum balance between detail and size, and it may be the only way we'll get a LSP HH-53C Super Jolly (or Do 17 from Border).

I'd like to see more 1/32 from ICM and will be getting the Sea Gladiator with Naval peeps but really am hoping for more 1/48 jets from them, along the lines of their Foxbat series. They could do the best Su-15 Flagon series imaginable, something no-one else looks set to ever make accurately — the Trumpeters are shockers.

And as they've gone big at times and like WW2, I'd love to see a 1/48 H P Halifax series. 

The Trumpeter/Hobby Boss catalogues should be coming out soon and I'm not sure what to expect that's new, if anything. But at least ResKit are there to fix their kits — another stoical firm producing amazing products in the Ukraine.

Tony

7 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Exactly. I'd much prefer 1/32 but there's a lot of subjects in 1/48 that tick the "conventional kit" box which I fear will only be available in the smaller scale: especially 1960s-1970s Cold War jets. 

The 1/35 debate is relevant as it looks set to become established and not just a passing fad. I'm okay with that as I can cope with differing realities: it's called separate shelves. 

ICM did the Cobra in 1/32 then cranked it down to 1/35, to be followed by the Tahre straight into 1/35. Again, I'm warming to this scale more as it seems an optimum balance between detail and size, and it may be the only way we'll get a LSP HH-53C Super Jolly (or Do 17 from Border).

I'd like to see more 1/32 from ICM and will be getting the Sea Gladiator with Naval peeps but really am hoping for more 1/48 jets from them, along the lines of their Foxbat series. They could do the best Su-15 Flagon series imaginable, something no-one else looks set to ever make accurately — the Trumpeters are shockers.

And as they've gone big at times and like WW2, I'd love to see a 1/48 H P Halifax series. 

The Trumpeter/Hobby Boss catalogues should be coming out soon and I'm not sure what to expect that's new, if anything. But at least ResKit are there to fix their kits — another stoical firm producing amazing products in the Ukraine.

Tony

Roger that on the 60s and 70s cold war jets! An SU-15 Flagon would be ultra cool and what better company than ICM to do it! I continue to be amazed with ICM with all they got going on in their neighborhood! Yeah, the Trumpy release of the SU-15 ,best to run away quickly.

1 hour ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I love ICM kits, but I do wonder how much longer they will be around, given the deteriorating situation there.

Cheers,

Michael

The obvious thing to do is to move into Poland until this dreadful situation resolves itself! I'm truly amazed at what they are doing currently and I wish them all a safe and prosperous New Year. Well done ICM!!!

I’m rather sad that even my beloved Silver Wings company have deserted 1/32 scale with the launch last year of their 1/48 flying boats. I have enough of their biplanes to keep me going I guess but it’s always exciting to see a new “must have” come along.