1/32 Lancaster Build on FB

Robthepom

I know a lot of people dont like facebook, and some of you may even be annoyed by a speculation thread (again) but someone in China is building a 1/32 Lancaster that has caused a bit of eye popping, a few comments say its a WnW test shot

My only hope is that its a pre production sample and the other 10,000 kits hit the market soon..........

May be an image of aircraft

May be an image of aircraft

No photo description available.

May be an image of indoor

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1650968768505352/permalink/2949874415281441/

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

The guy building it has already confirmed that it's a rare test shot of the Wingnut Wings kit, but hasn't yet elaborated on how it came to be in his possession, or whether it's a harbinger of a production release. At least, not that I can make out.

Kev

Sheesh... this is like gluing the "Upside-Down Jenny" stamp on a card to granny.  :)

Test shots are rare and highly-collectible. The test shot of the never-released WNW Lancaster is the rarest of rarities. 

Radu 

What I can't understand is.... shortly before WNW folded, we had seen test shots and they had announced the imminent release of the Lanc kit. To me, that implies they already had or, more likely, were about to receive the plastic, decals and boxes. Since the release of the kit never materialized, wouldn't that stuff be sitting around somewhere? If not that, surely somebody (Peter Jackson, Meng, whomever) has the molds and it seems pointless, after having invested a ton of cash into making the molds for such an incredibly detailed model, not to produce the kit. Even if the (rights to the) molds were sold to a kit manufaturer for ten cents on the dollar, a partial return on the investment is better than letting the potentially ultimate kit ever produced being left to rust away.

29 minutes ago, Grizly said:

What I can't understand is.... shortly before WNW folded, we had seen test shots and they had announced the imminent release of the Lanc kit. To me, that implies they already had or, more likely, were about to receive the plastic, decals and boxes.

I distinctly recall someone from Wingnut Wings (it may even have been Richard Alexander) saying that the Lancaster tooling had not been completed, and was in its final stages of refinement when the ship sank. So I doubt all the necessary accoutrements that make for a shippable product would have been in place. But I do agree that we will eventually see the kit come out from someone.

Kev

4 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I distinctly recall someone from Wingnut Wings (it may even have been Richard Alexander) saying that the Lancaster tooling had not been completed, and was in its final stages of refinement when the ship sank. So I doubt all the necessary accoutrements that make for a shippable product would have been in place. But I do agree that we will eventually see the kit come out from someone.

Kev

Yes I remember that was said. Does that mean if they find the right person the last part of it could be finished and produced?

2 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Yes I remember that was said. Does that mean if they find the right person the last part of it could be finished and produced?

My guess - and it is nothing more than an educated guess - is that the tooling is in fact substantially complete, and the final tweaking was probably around the stressed skin effects. On that basis, I would think that most companies would consider the tooling as releasable in its current state, and just move through the final processes involved in producing it (instructions, decals, etc). As I said, just an educated guess on my part, so we'll have to wait to see what actually happens!

Kev

23 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

We also know that a very few people got final test shots of the Handley Page O/100 and it was very close to release ready. Hopefully someone else has liberated those molds as well.

I'm wondering if that's what we're seeing in those thumbnails on the Kotare website.

Kev