1/32 Lancaster Build on FB

Robthepom

Many modelers around the world are guessing who will release the former Wingnuts Lancaster, some of them even comes with many racism words, but in fact, it doesn't any matter. Wingnuts is closed anyway, no matter how these people yelled, Wingnuts is closed. And some of them are speculating, looks like they're psychic that they can communicate with spirit ! At the beginning i thought these "'psychic" only existed in "Confucius culture" and "'Greater China area" but now I found these nonsense existed all over the world. Mind if these people just shut their f_ _k up and wait for the release ?

This is the latest comment from Fan Cheng Pin on his fb site. The positive thing with this mail is the last sentence: ".......and wait for the release ?" If this is true there will be a brand really producing this kit.   ...and what we see is not a left over and prowling around test shot from former WNW times.

Edited by Andreas Beck
spelling mistake

46 minutes ago, Andreas Beck said:

Many modelers around the world are guessing who will release the former Wingnuts Lancaster, some of them even comes with many racism words, but in fact, it doesn't any matter. Wingnuts is closed anyway, no matter how these people yelled, Wingnuts is closed. And some of them are speculating, looks like they're psychic that they can communicate with spirit ! At the beginning i thought these "'psychic" only existed in "Confucius culture" and "'Greater China area" but now I found these nonsense existed all over the world. Mind if these people just shut their f_ _k up and wait for the release ?

I like this guy.

30 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Extremely disappointing to hear there has been racist comments voiced in his direction, there is no place for it anywhere.

Not so much directed at him personally, but more about casting aspersions on Chinese respect for intellectual property, etc. I also think Mr Pin might be overstating things a little.

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Not so much directed at him personally, but more about casting aspersions on Chinese respect for intellectual property, etc. I also think Mr Pin might be overstating things a little.

Kev

Not sure you get to make that call, Kevin.

Adam

"but more about casting aspersions on Chinese respect for intellectual property, etc."

Am I correct in assuming that 'legal title' to whatever WNW produced and had in development has been sold on, presumably to an asian concern, in a proper and above board manner, even if, currently, this info is commercially confidential?

Or, and I'm making a wild guess here, the collapse was so sudden and immediate that despite the 'intellectual assets' residing in NZ software somewhere, the actual moulds were abroad, as part of the farming out process globalisation demands.This metal is somewhere, (including the Lanc) and in legal limbo, awaiting bankruptcy auditors etc.    

All commercial contracts have a clause that states "all goods remain the property of the supplier until paid in full". If you have a house you bought with a bank loan, see what happens if you stop paying your loan repayments. ;)

The CAD artwork has a value, a few tens of thousands of dollars, but cutting the steel molds for such a giant monster of a model costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, many times more than the value of the CAD artwork. If the final payment is not issued, the mold manufacturer continues to own the work that they spent time, effort and resources to produce. The mold manufacturer is entitled to seek ways to cover the loss. Even if WNW were to bring them to court, they may win nothing and find themselves slapped with a court order to cover the losses incurred by the mold manufacturer, plus interest and penalties. 

Radu 

That kit looks amazing.   I truly hope it makes it into production.   I'll never own one, it's just way too big, but I'd love to see a few built up here on LSP. 

My only concern would be on the economics involved.   It's not like there are a million scale modelers who would purchase this kit, it's only a very, very small subset due to cost and size constraints.   Then factor in that the HK kit has now been out for quite some time.   I have to wonder how many Lanc enthusiasts who have the HK kit already would run about and purchase yet another 32nd scale Lanc?    Just seems like it would be a major loss maker for any company (except WNW, which didn't seem to worry about their P&L).

Edited by John1

49 minutes ago, John1 said:

That kit looks amazing.   I truly hope it makes it into production.   I'll never own one, it's just way too big, but I'd love to see a few built up here on LSP. 

My only concern would be on the economics involved.   It's not like there are a million scale modelers who would purchase this kit, it's only a very, very small subset due to cost and size constraints.   Then factor in that the HK kit has now been out for quite some time.   I have to wonder how many Lanc enthusiasts who have the HK kit already would run about and purchase yet another 32nd scale Lanc?    Just seems like it would be a major loss maker for any company (except WNW, which didn't seem to worry about their P&L).

Good points...but looking at the level of details, I think there are quite a few modellers getting one if it is affordable indeed. Dambusters properly done...and then a set of pilots led by Guy Gibson for a diorama...epic!

Now if Peter Jackson still makes that movie....

Interesting topic and conversation here. I too hope to see the plastic from the WNW design team whomever releases it. I have the HK kit in the stash, as well as a 17G with a 17G and 17F built and on the shelf…space and size be damned, I’ll buy another one
(as long as my wife says ok)

2 hours ago, John1 said:

If the current holder of the moulds has minimal investment in R&D (let's speculate WNW had paid for a majority of mould-making costs before they went bust), then it only seems like good business that *someone* tries to get a return on all of this work. What's the point of acquiring the moulds otherwise? Or (speculation) let's say they were partnering with Meng or another Chinese venture to do the actual sprue pops. Meng, et al retain ownership of the moulds because WNW either sold them off or failed to pay them off. Now what? Melt them down? Put them in a warehouse like Raiders of the Lost Ark? Or invest just a little more in instructions, boxing, and decals and put in on shelves. It only makes sense to produce this model if it was 98% complete anyway.