1/32 Lancaster Build on FB

Robthepom

9 hours ago, adameliclem said:

One could ask the same about having two full size Lancaster replicas built for a movie, then not making the movie. He seems to be a pretty whimsical fella.

Ten. He had ten full-size Lancaster replicas built. And a Mosquito. And a Wellington...  :whistle:

Edited by KiwiZac

7 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Really? Wow. 

I'm not aware of any photos of more than one Lanc (or parts thereof) but the Wimpy is at stage right here (photo from the Dambusters Blog, screencapped from a doco:

Via Dambusters Blog 301212

And the Mossie can be seen in this 2012 Kermit Weeks photo at left:

Via Kermit Weeks 240112

Edited by KiwiZac

4 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

As far as I know a full scale Lancaster was built for the Dambusters remake movie but the others were only full scale movie props used for the external scenes. So they were globally empty shells.

Were they connected with TVAL. Well some people spend their money on luxury yachts so good to see he spends some of his on 1:1 aircraft. I guess WNW was just another project put on the - probably permanent - back- burner

I see there is one pre-order listing for the Border Models Lancaster in 1:32 at my favourite store. I saw it one day, then the next day I didn't, then today the listing is back (or I missed it, but I looked really good for it). Makes me think the model as such, would be in sale shortly, as I think it doesn't make good sense to have pre-orders listed way a head of time. Though, maybe the listing was removed for a day because of something was wrong I am thinking, or maybe they sold out, or maybe I somehow missed it one day.

Edited by Treehugger

On 9/28/2021 at 4:58 AM, Pup7309 said:

I'm not sure how it works but PJ didn't go bankrupt. And why would he cut loose something that had so much R & D gone into it. And the investment outlay?

I thought the scuttlebutt when WNW closed up was that there was some controversy over Sir PJ's whimsical ventures being investigated for possible money-laundering or tax fraud or some other financial... questions. Never heard any outcome from that.

Sorry if I missed but.. Why are they not making a remake of The Dambusters? :(  The original is, great! But.. Pretty sure a remake from someone with passion for the story could be another great alternative.. :)

As for the model.. I would love to.. But I am too slow a builder with too many other things I want to do..