Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

13 minutes ago, red Dog said:

Nice setup Pete,

I fly the F-16 in DCS as well with my 1:1 full replica pit.
You guys Fly MP? 

Wow - Did you build the entire thing yourself? That looks awesome to say the least

I don´t fly MP

/Niels

yeah, started in 2004 :) initially for BMS, but switched to DCS a couple years ago.

You really should try MP Niels, it is a game changer. We're still wannabe pilot, but it's a tad closer :) 

I'd love to meet LSP guys up there. 

Edited by red Dog

2 hours ago, red Dog said:

Nice setup Pete,

I fly the F-16 in DCS as well with my 1:1 full replica pit.
You guys Fly MP? 

Now THAT’S simpit goals right there. I don’t fly MP, I’m still getting to grips with some aspects of operating both jets. I’ve just added an extension to my stick, which means I’m relearning to fly all over again.  I love the feel of it, but still getting used to the new lengths of travel that the stick has. 
A lot of the online (and fairly active) squadrons, tend to be U.S based. That makes timing awkward for me to participate with them here in the UK. 

Edited by Stokey Pete

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

This just in:

ng3JI7.jpg

Many thanks to Neil for some amazing service - 2.5 days from Hong Kong to Melbourne. Review to follow.

Kev

Oh man, I’m so jealous.  Been waiting on that release. 

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I found a Tamiya F1u-1 Corsair, full fat man AM meal deal at model show.  Not my favorite variant so stay tuned to the Trader’s Board.  I bought it to pass on.  

Ohhh ill be waiting 

I had a discussion on a French forum with another 1/32 model enthusiast.
I had posted my FW 190 F-8 on this French forum, which he had found rather pretty, and we exchanged phone numbers.
He just dropped by this afternoon and we chatted about our passion for planes and models.
We had previously discussed short-run models such as the AZUR brand, which offers some very interesting French aircraft, but which I imagined to be rather sketchy in terms of detail and overall finesse.
I was quite skeptical, and when I see the trouble I have assembling Revell models, I told myself that short-run models like AZUR weren't for me.
So today he came along with a 1/32 AZUR Dewoitine D520 to prove me wrong.
Well, I was wrong: the model is beautiful, the details are numerous and there are many parts in P.E. and resin (complete cockpit).
And as he has a large stock of 1/32 models, he simply offered me this D520...

A huge merci Philippe for this wonderful gift!

Yum-yum !!!  :thumbsup:

f27h.jpg

konb.jpg

gmyo.jpg

yzau.jpg

spht.jpg

Edited by Furie

When I looked at the prices of this D 520 on ebay, I realized just how precious a gift Philippe had given me.
In every sense of the word, because it's an airplane I really dream of building, and what's more, it's absolutely unobtainable at a decent price.
And he gave it to me...
He's a great guy and I'm a lucky guy.
Concerning the versions of this box, it seems to me that there are only the 2 German and Italian versions (according to the pdf of the manual on scalemates) => 228242-16-instructions.pdf (scalemates.com)
I'll check tomorrow.
I've started looking for wip on this model, and there are points to correct like the wing dihedral and the size of the propeller blades. 
But on a given horse, you don't look at the teeth.

Denis is on cloud nine...

Edited by Furie

What a very kind and generous man, the Azur D520 was my first short run kit (2007) and what a nice kit it is, I distinctly remember that the decals were very nice. As my first WW2 French AF kit getting the paint right was a bit of a struggle but I got there in the end after two paint jobs.

I liked the finish that much that I followed it up with the MS406, Bloch 152 and a Curtis Hawk 75 in French service.

So enjoy the build.

Cheers

Dennis