Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

4 hours ago, Shoggz said:

It's a book I've wanted for a while and fortuitous as I'm building one currently!

I seem to have gobs of Thunderbolt references, including this book, which is pretty spiffy.

Splashed out on Sunday for the 2024 Airfix club kit package, and subsequently got members discount on a 1/48 Buccaneer! Along with a substantial amount of Hornby hobby points I'd accumulated, I managed to get the price of the kit (not including the club renewal which I would have done anyway!) for a shade over £35.... Quite a good price I think.

I have to say the two kits included in this year's package are quite nice. PR XIX Spitfire, and MKIb Typhoon, all decked in D-Day markings. I think they will get done quite soon.

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

My growing fascination with "army trucks" is beginning to cost me!

lJFkZh.jpg

Kev

You know I have Army trucks galore that you could have supercheap.  Still clearing Ians stash.  I also have quality reference material on them.

14 minutes ago, LSP_Matt said:

You know I have Army trucks galore that you could have supercheap.  Still clearing Ians stash.  I also have quality reference material on them.

Let me know what you have!

Kev

Added some smaller stuff to my collection, but still LSP :D

IMGP8041.jpg

Made by @upor This is a really small aircraft, especially considering the range and the heavy gun armament (4x23mm!). BTW, we have a review of this kit online here at LSP, showing all the beautiful parts inside the box.

@BiggTim is bringing us back the AMS line of resin AM sets. Ordered and recieved an early F-5 seat as well as this one:

a%3E

Mig-17 cockpit. Wel cast, nothing bent, no damages during s&h overseas. If you are looking for a Mig-17 cockpit too:

The "early" set is your plain vanilla Mig-17 and Mig-17F set.

The "late" set features the radar screen at the upper right of the dashboard, uset for the radar equipped "big lip" Mig-17P and -PF (gun armament) and -PM (guided AA missle armament) variants. You have to add here your own large rubber hood over the radar screen.

Cockpit looks very nice. Much better than the kit parts, also better than only using Eduards PE set.

Regards

- dutik

I don’t know if it will induce feelings of jealousy, but it’s aviation related all the same. My recent lack of modelling has been  caused by a trip into the rabbit hole that is DCS World. Specifically, Flying the Viper, and the Hornet. I decided to treat myself to a new IP setup from Winwing. Their up front control replica, and some replica DDI panels. I’ll be adding LCD screens to them in the future. I plan to swap the triple monitor setup for a widescreen curved panel too. 

53507937398_c91652ee27_b.jpg

39 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I don’t know if it will induce feelings of jealousy, but it’s aviation related all the same. My recent lack of modelling has been  caused by a trip into the rabbit hole that is DCS World. Specifically, Flying the Viper, and the Hornet. I decided to treat myself to a new IP setup from Winwing. Their up front control replica, and some replica DDI panels. I’ll be adding LCD screens to them in the future. I plan to swap the triple monitor setup for a widescreen curved panel too. 

Their panels look really nice and I would be all over them if I hadnt switched to VR.

Can´t wait for the F-4E to be released hopefully soon..

/Niels

39 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I've been told that jet cockpits are much more cramped, but this one looks very comfy. It features even drawers and a carpet floor. Jet pilots are riding in classes, eh?

Nice setup :punk:

Regards

- dutik

3 minutes ago, dutik said:

I've been told that jet cockpits are much more cramped, but this one looks very comfy. It features even drawers and a carpet floor. Jet pilots are riding in classes, eh?

Nice setup :punk:

Regards

- dutik

This pilot needs somewhere for the beer n crisps. :rofl:

7 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

Their panels look really nice and I would be all over them if I hadnt switched to VR.

Can´t wait for the F-4E to be released hopefully soon..

/Niels

I always wanted to go to VR, but the computing power required is beyond my allowance currently. I tried a friends Pimax Crystal on a 4090GTX gpu and it completely blew my mind. The visuals are incredible. 
I barley reach the recommended specs to operate it at around 35-50fps 

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

I always wanted to go to VR, but the computing power required is beyond my allowance currently. I tried a friends Pimax Crystal on a 4090GTX gpu and it completely blew my mind. The visuals are incredible. 
I barley reach the recommended specs to operate it at around 35-50fps 

The Multi Threaded version really improved framerates for me even before I went all in on a 4090. However a 4090 with DLSS will bring a solid 60-70 fps with highest settings even in VR. Its pretty unbelievable.  It really unlocks the potential that I feel i have been waiting almost 10 years to see with DCS