Jump to content

F`s are my favs

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    1,054
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10

F`s are my favs last won the day on March 20 2020

F`s are my favs had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About F`s are my favs

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

1,501 profile views
  1. So far so awesome! I just noticed (in the second to last pic) that the nozzle itself is slightly angled downwards in comparison to the lenght of the engine/exhaust duct. Should it be like that? It could be just an illusion though.
  2. I'd say go for both ways - a mix of coarse(r) sandpaper under the Alclad and drybrushing above it. It could be the same after all, but, it's an extra layer of flavor. The goal is to keep the final pattern of the scratches as uneven as possible. While for the riverts - the resin ones seem just fine and yet, a mix with the goold old riveter here and there might look even better. For this plane, ''different is better''.
  3. Just a tip: make an easy stand out of foam or another common material. The plane should be easy for balancing because of its narrow and thin shape. Btw about the super detailing of the cockpit - I thought a lot about it and after seeing a couple of finished models - hmm... the cockpit of the Starfighter is so small that not everything will be nicely visible. That's why I only got a resin seat + pilot. The cockpit will be even mroe ''stuffed'' with them. But it would be very interesting to see how it will turn out the cockpit in your model. Do you plan to use a pilot figure as well? And do you
  4. Oh yes oh yes Hi Chuck! Very nice edneavour. Btw it will be a very important topic for me too, cause I have the same kit and I plan to start it after the Nighthawk, which will not be soon. Nevertheless, I prepped quite a bit of research on the Starfighter in the meantime. I'd like to make a conversion from the same No.2514 kit into an American C-version jet. So I also got the special metal foil adhesive from Microscale and I plan to cover the entire plane with kitchen aluminum foil - a couple of foil types maybe, plus a standard aluminum tape (already with adhesive layer on one side) from a
  5. I just catched up. Very GJ with the decals and stencils! And the subtle weathering (before the real one) is superb.
  6. wow, That's a kilo of stencils Very nice and sharp looking!
  7. Oh yes oh yes! That's the monster! Have a great fun building it, it's an amazing model!
  8. Very well done! This accentuator relly nicely highlighted the details. Make it guuut!
  9. All white. btw guys, congrats and happy 50% successful completion of the crewed Dragon demo-2 mission to the ISS! This ship looks out of this world! So firstly, here are the rims. I used the original ones from the kit because they had the right number of holes... but they were quite small (the holes), and I had to enlarge them. There is one rim done (left) and one still with the small holes (right): w/ the GTR brake disks/systems *for F-15. And here both rims are with enlarged holes: And here is all pa
  10. Next up: MLGs. So because I'll use the GTR tire set for F-15, the tires can't fit in the standard bays, and thus I can't make the pylons on hinges. The tires from the oleos would need a little rotation towards the centerline of the plane to fit properly but working the white metal pylons would be quite... So, I'll go the easy way - the whole pylons will be mounted on strong magnets in the bays, and then they should fit loose inside for an in-flight config, just about the same as my 1/32 F-15E. That's a closeup of the magnets: I used some supports which wo
  11. PS: it looks like the seamlines have gaps here and there but that's because of of the trasnparent glue which is almsot polished... all the facets are sanded with 1500 and 2000 grit sandpaper. The leading/trailing edges are nicely straight:
  12. Of course, everything is a testfit only: I used something like a piece of palstic as a jig and a piece of 240 grit sandpaper over a perfectly flat piece of acrylic, to flatten the tops of the inner facets... Then I made the leading/trailing edges decently sharp, not quite much. And that's how they look like now. Actually I can't make the tops with a perfect romboid shape but that's how far I can go. Btw the bevels near the rotating surfaces are also slightly ''enlarged'' and smoothened.
  13. Can't recall another word other than Legit! Very nice vert. stabilizator and I can barely imagine what the rest would look like with such a thin over coat.
×
×
  • Create New...