Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Back to the small realms with this one! Been double hobby point over on the Airfix shop the last few days so perfect time to pick up the Fairey Gannet I've been after for a while .. Along with already accumulated points, and Airfix club discount, bought for under £43... Second bit more expensive purchase today, having to replace my PC speaker set up! Being a bit of a gamer, need a decent sound set up, and current one is starting to show (or sound...) it's ages! So along to one of my usual suppliers (Overclockers.co.uk) and new set of 5.1 speaker will be winging their way to me. Shade over £167 sadly so not cheap, but not the most expensive I could have got either.

3 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Second bit more expensive purchase today, having to replace my PC speaker set up! Being a bit of a gamer, need a decent sound set up, and current one is starting to show (or sound...) it's ages! So along to one of my usual suppliers (Overclockers.co.uk) and new set of 5.1 speaker will be winging their way to me. Shade over £167 sadly so not cheap, but not the most expensive I could have got either.

I just checked the site; pretty cool stuff. Reminds me of Newegg. I'm not a gamer by any means, but I do like a PC that really performs well. To that end, I'll soon be upgrading my own PC from 32GB to 64GB of DDR4 RAM.

49 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I just checked the site; pretty cool stuff. Reminds me of Newegg. I'm not a gamer by any means, but I do like a PC that really performs well. To that end, I'll soon be upgrading my own PC from 32GB to 64GB of DDR4 RAM.

There are really only two companies I use for my upgrades - Overclockers and Scan.co.uk. 

This time last year I updated my rig (not through choice though...) from an AMD AM4 system to a AM5 rig. What a massive difference. I had to change it as the motherboard i was using decided to develop a major fault:wacko: The chipset cooling fan sadly decided to develop an annoying whining/clicking noise. On investigation, it was a known fault, and ASUS had, in their wisdom, decided to use a non-standard sized mini fan to do the cooling. When I checked into if I could get a replacement, the same part0coding had been used multiple times on differently sized fans, both in width, and height! So, it was a non-starter going down that route. For the sake of a cheap fan, I spent several hundred pounds on having to renew my gaming rig. In the end I ended up with a fairly decent rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 7600x AM5 CPU

Noctua NH-U12A Chromax Black Air Cooler

ASUS B650E-E (WIFI) Motherboard

32GB DDR5 RAM (2x16gb)

2 x 2TB SSD (Crucial CX500)

1 x 1TB SSD (Samsung 860 EVO)

1 x 500gb NVME (Crucial P1)

Nvidia RTX3070 GPU

Thermaltake Toughpower 850w Gold+ PSU

(inherited from old system)

1 x Blu Ray Optical Drive (yes I still have one as I still buy CD's and rip them - I prefer to buy my music rather than streaming!)

1 x SoundBlaster Z Audio card

All wrapped up in a Fractal designs Define 7 XL full tower case.

I had to split the purchases between the two suppliers as some was in stock at one place, and some was in stock at the other. Bu managed to get everything on time.

My old AM4 rig was coming up to 9 years old, so it was due a serious upgrade anyway - so it was fortuitous that the fan went a bit wonky, but a bit sad because I was just looking at a new PSU, CPU and RAM to update it a little! It was still managing to run the majority of games really well, at really high levels detail, so it was a bit sad it had to be changed. But, new rig is even better!

Edited by treker_ed

On my apparently unstoppable stride to downgrade my modelling tools, I bought this Gaahleri airbrush for 52 euros (they’re even cheaper in the US).

I’d be curious to know how it fares against my trusty but more expensive Creos Procon PS-270 and 289.

IMG-5534.jpg

IMG-5537.jpg

IMG-5538.jpg

I’ll let you know.

Cheers,

Quang

A Double-Whammy today....woohoo! :yahoo: 

l5sJZP.jpg

.....with inserts of their eventual aim/intention.  This is the first time I have ever looked at a Fly kit, I know they are not perfect (I can see that from a very cursory look at the sprues) but with some delicious bits of AM the kit has great potential.

3 hours ago, quang said:

On my apparently unstoppable stride to downgrade my modelling tools, I bought this Gaahleri airbrush for 52 euros (they’re even cheaper in the US).

I’d be curious to know how it fares against my trusty but more expensive Creos Procon PS-270 and 289.

IMG-5534.jpg

IMG-5537.jpg

IMG-5538.jpg

I’ll let you know.

Cheers,

Quang

I'd be curious to see how it compares as well. I have a Procon Boy 770 myself for detail work and they're definitely underrated. 

8 hours ago, quang said:

IMG-5534.jpg

IMG-5537.jpg

IMG-5538.jpg

I’ll let you know.

Cheers,

Quang

Well, if there are issues and you're on FB, there's a guy (not me) DaveG's Airbrush Exploration who is an artist and an airbrush collector. He purchased two of this brand, a 0.2 and a 0.3 and checked them out. Hopefully they have gotten their quality control better.

Further: I have an original Revell Stuka, Wildcat, Razorback Jug, 109G, and now, Corsair.

Looking for original 1/72 B17F, and Dambusters Lanc.

Furtheron, a buddy just got me a 1/72 Revell PBY- 5A, sealed. This will go into the stash of " not to be built kits" that exist soley for memories. Still seeking two...

I have been assembling after market parts for kits in the stash, many of the parts  where highlighted in other peoples builds.

vTfR7H.jpg

Must get round to building a Gladiator

Iks0C3.jpg

And just released.

L5okPV.jpg

The ANZY stuff and the barrels came from a Max build.

AwrKmI.jpg

Plus lots of other YAHU stuff.

Cheers

Dennis