JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

10 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I feel the exact opposite. While the F-16 (and even the forward swept variant) is cool, I have one in the stash, F-16s abound everywhere, in innumerable branches of service, with so many variants in service with so many countries I feel like if you see a jet somewhere, there is a likely chance its an F-16. I start getting immune to even seeing them sometimes.

While that is indeed fine, the Viggen IMHO at least has some uniqueness to it, with its unique camo, unique service setting, canards, tandem wheels, delta, and on and on. To me the Viggen is worlds more interesting than any F-16. 

he he Brian 

I might just be a little tongue in cheek:ninja: , as although its a bit of a plant based thing , it is an interesting jet to model for all the good reasons you give :) Never used in anger though .

As for being unique - are you kidding man ???, every third thread on this forum is about this model this autumn , including 965 pages of "where's my Vegan at?" 

I shall cease and desist on this thread now , other than to post this rather disturbing Mi10 pic .....eeeeeuuuwwwh ...

unsettling_mi10_and_laz_bus.jpg

I wasn't really talking about LSP honestly, just aviation overall in general. Dont get me wrong, I have a Sufa here along with one of Chrises wonderful intakes and a BUTT load of other AM for it, so I definitely do like the F-16 for sure. 

I'm partly thinking the reason the Viggen is all over LSP is for the exact reasons I've laid out, that it is quite unique in the aviation world and up until JetMads no one had even remotely thought about an LSP version. I think people are outright hungry for something different like the Viggen.

While the F-16 is a wonderful platform for obvious reasons, along with having multiple decent injection molded kits of it out there, that those same facts makes it  plentiful, thus seeing it and builds of it over and over. 

On 12/7/2021 at 12:20 PM, Panzerwomble said:

On the bright side though , given enough pressure Pete, it might start to look like .............a much prettier fighter . :yahoo:

f-16.jpg

It is pretty good looking - and happy-looking.. :D But thet big ASS of the Viggen? ;)

On 12/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

:) I suspect you would feel differently if you were in a Viggen and I was dogfighting you in my F-16. I think I could make it very interesting for you :)

cheers

Pete

To be fair, the F-16 is designed the way the JA 37´s successor is.. And the JA 37 comes from the AJ 37 - which is designed the way it does through some pretty steep requirements.

Do not underestimate that m/75 in the merge though..

Just now, adameliclem said:

Clean-up in the produce department, please.

Indeed, I've just hidden a couple of posts which were drifting a wee bit, the Viggen was very much of its time, meeting a specific nation's requirements, bit like the early Tornado F.2's, which had concrete instead of a radar - beat that!

Here's their answer for my inquery about delayed shipment of the last first order batch

"We had to pause the shipments last two weeks due to supply chain problems from Germany, but the issues are resolved now and we have resumed shipping kits today again.

There is a big batch leaving this week, including your copy."

11 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I can’t fault Jetmads Customer service. 
emailed about missing parts on the 6th. 
They’re gonna be out for delivery on Monday. 

I certainly hope that they fit better! I must admit that I was under the impression that everything would fit perfectly. I suppose this is the problem with producing components in batches and the shrinkage rates for the resin in one batch being different from that for the adjoining parts. Hopefully JetMads will have learnt and now due fuselage resin components in batches of associated parts instead of just one part at a time? Have JetMads commented on that?

I doubt if there is a "miracle" resin kit. I have built kits made by Paul Fisher and HpH. They are good kits but not miracles at all, no resin kit hardly would be.

This has nothing to do with miracles, it is just the nature of the material and the methods such kits have to be produced with.

What I see with the dry fits of my copy, as well as the nice the builds of a few fellow modelers' threads here on LSP, this kit has many ups and a few downs, none of which are too important or unmanageable to moan and groan about.

2 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

I doubt if there is a "miracle" resin kit. I have built kits made by Paul Fisher and HpH. They are good kits but not miracles at all, no resin kit hardly would be.

This has nothing to do with miracles, it is just the nature of the material and the methods such kits have to be produced with.

What I see with the dry fits of my copy, as well as the nice the builds of a few fellow modelers' threads here on LSP, this kit has many ups and a few downs, none of which are too important or unmanageable to moan and groan about.

Well spoken. I agree, it takes some elbow grease to get these type of kits into shape, but it is worth it. The Fisher kits were great starting points. The Sea Fury still stands the test of time. Although I hope Special Hobby will tackle this one next year considering how marvelous a job they did on the Tempest II.

19 hours ago, SimonCornes said:

But you see, if it was made by Paul Fisher, the chances are it would! But it would also cost more so we can't expect miracles!

Chances are that no 1/32 resin kit of a Viggen, with it’s very large size, voluminous detailing and complex shapes, would ever fit perfectly, no matter who produced the patterns, molds and finished parts.

I’ve been mightily impressed by the Jetmads Viggen builds I’m following, not least because it looks like a much more straightforward, better-fitting kit than some of the more ambitious injection-molded kits  being produced. Press-fit parts in a resin kit? That’s close enough to miraculous for me.

Cheers,

Adam