New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

I think the nose section of a bomber is a good kit idea.

Space is a consideration for many, so the nose section only can interest modelers that would never have considered the complete kit (glad for those who can!).

However, for the nose art aspect of such kits the Lanc, as great as it is, is not the most spectacular choice. I'm not too sure what the breakup of parts is in the other large scale bomber kits, but nose sections of B-17 and B-24 would make great nose art kits (and not deal with the B-24 wings is an additional bonus!).

Just a thought!

Alain

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Not snarky at all.  Just an observation.  I don't fly RC, but how many people keep RC airplanes inside their house in display cases rather than in a shed or a garage someplace?

Really? You didn’t Self righteously snicker a little when you typed “15,000 square foot American McMansion”

please. 

4 hours ago, kkarlsen said:

I'm all for the the big plane kit's, but I think you already know that. :frantic:

PBY-5A, Aeromarine, B-25j etc...

We are really spoiled by the many 'giant' kits we are getting. But nobody says you have to do them all...

The most important issue is how to keep the mojo over a long timespan. Everybody can loose it even on a less.

complicated build, but you really have to pick only kits where the 'love' for the project and subject can last for a very long time!!!!

Maybe along the way you can find a creative way to display them.

I would like to know if any of you have had any experience with the HKM wall mount thinghy?

detail-stand2.jpg

Kent

Here’s one

VrUfPPm.jpg

3 hours ago, chrish said:

Here’s one

VrUfPPm.jpg

One of those B*st*rds from the B-17 Port Aileron Group Build Fan Club has stolen one of your stabilisers!... Do you also have a Meteor with a port nacelle missing?  Kagemusha is no doubt at the bottom of all this... :hmmm::fight:

Nice Mistel on the left btw.

Best regards

Paul

Ah ha, in a momentary flash of brilliance, I realised that , if HKM want to do a B-17 nose in 1/32 to match the Lancaster, they would have to make a new mould. Doing so they could correct the sections forward of the canopy. I could then be tempted to buy a B-17 kit and graft on the new nose.

Chrish, that is a fine model on the wall and I like those on the shelves too... especially that large dinosaur. Not to hijack the thread too far, but which one is that? It might be fun to see that up close. I like the Mistel too... very nice work.

But there is still a little bit of room for a few more hanging from the ceiling or mounted on the wall as nose art kits :)

Tnarg

14 hours ago, Alburymodeler said:

Ah ha, in a momentary flash of brilliance, I realised that , if HKM want to do a B-17 nose in 1/32 to match the Lancaster, they would have to make a new mould. Doing so they could correct the sections forward of the canopy. I could then be tempted to buy a B-17 kit and graft on the new nose.

Unfortunately, the problem area goes far back from the "nose".  The problem area of the forward  fuselage begins near bulkhead 4 (cockpit aft bulkhead) and continues forward from there.

1 hour ago, Tnarg said:

Chrish, that is a fine model on the wall and I like those on the shelves too... especially that large dinosaur. Not to hijack the thread too far, but which one is that? It might be fun to see that up close. I like the Mistel too... very nice work.

But there is still a little bit of room for a few more hanging from the ceiling or mounted on the wall as nose art kits :)

Tnarg

I'll put a couple of pics of "Dino" in non-LSP works, here's one idea for a nose section display with another large model, not purpose built but enough bits left over from a conversion for a small display.

RzUEu71.jpg

SaeYkUI.jpg