WNW is nowhere near the end of its run...!

Pup7309

Some musings:

WNW will be going for a few years yet, but looking at their kit releases (not including re boxes or ‘late’ versions) they seem to have covered most (let’s say 80-85%) of the well known types. ( Minus the Neiuport/ Dr1 and SPADs.) 

Would you agree? 

I also did a quick survey. Each boxing seems to be on the market for an average of about 3-5 years, depending on popularity. So eventually they will run out of options, but once again that will be quite a few years down the track...

I don’t know whether them having a wider distribution network will speed up the ‘sold out’ factor but maybe they just make more units these days

Any thoughts?

There are still plenty of WWI aircraft that are yet to be kitted in 1/32, including well-known types like the BE2 and Halberstadt D.II - and then you need to factor in Peter Jackson's fondness for more obscure types too, as well as the fact that they're hardly short of funding. I think WNW have plenty of years left in them yet.

God i hope they aren't. Just imagine the meltdown the forums on all sites that would have people having to resort to buying cheaper and obviously more inferior kits. Oh the travesty! 

:tumble:

And if you cannot tell..... that was firmly tongue in cheek

Didn’t I see something about a Lancaster bomber too?  Doesn’t seem to be any bar to Wingnut making models from periods other than WW1 to me....

And as pointed out, there is still scope for other WW1 types, such as the BE2c.  I rewatched the BBC series ‘Wings’ on YouTube recently.  Fine stuff, in which the BE2 features prominently.

Rather than hope WNW does kit X for the next 20 years or so, wouldn't it be nice if a bunch of other, new competitors came into the hobby and made kits as well as WNW?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the landscape of aircraft model kits is pretty lame.  Military/Armor model builders have it a LOT better.

44 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Rather than hope WNW does kit X for the next 20 years or so, wouldn't it be nice if a bunch of other, new competitors came into the hobby and made kits as well as WNW?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the landscape of aircraft model kits is pretty lame.  Military/Armor model builders have it a LOT better.

Yeah, there isn't anyone else releasing high quality WW1 aircraft.   Such a disappointment.  And when is anyone ever finally going to do a French aircraft?

http://www.copperstatemodels.com/main/productsCS/1/2