What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

8 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Kitty Hawk already does a Harvard; probably due for re-release under new ownership.

I know, but it’s not a Mk I and there are substantial differences between a Mk I and the subsequent Mks. I’ve built 2 of KH’s T-6 already. 

In a sense we are missing almost everything in 1/32 because very few kits exist that could not be done better or technology and research will come along that permits a much better rendition of the kit.  So the question is not what are we missing but what kits are so good that we really don:t need a better one.

This may have been mentioned already (I did not read the entire thread) so I apologize up front if this has been mentioned before.  We NEED a high quality, injection molded, highly detailed Typhoon Mk Ib (car door and bubble top).  The old Revell kit is not the best and while the MDC offering was a very well done, I won’t build a resin kit of something that large.  The biggest resin kit I have is an HpH Ohka.

19 hours ago, Menelaos said:

I wrote it here many years ago, but I'm missing the century series, F-101/102/106, F/RF-84F, Mirage F1 AND the FG1, FGR2... and concerning the jets much more

Tamiya does an F4U-1 which IIRC is close enough to an FG-1D.

7 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Tamiya does an F4U-1 which IIRC is close enough to an FG-1D.

I mean not the Corsair but the british Phantoms...FG1 was the Royal Navy version