What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

I would be thrilled to see an injected molded Do 217 J/N announced, but I'll concede it is very unlikely. 

do217j_10.jpg   

Radial-engined and no antenna? Sold. That's exactly the scheme I was looking for for my Tigger kit.

Just more french fighters(Mirage 2000, Super Systère B2, Mystère IV, Super Etendard...), more early US jets from the 50's (F-102, F-106, Fury's, F-86H, F-84F, F-89, F-94...), and more soviet jets (Su-15, Mig-25...).

And for the big ones : SR-71, U-2 and of course a B-58. And while we are in the Big category, why not a Mirage IV? 

Edited by Zero77

Modellers are weird people!

They do not stop complaining this or that plane (for sure one of their "favorites"!) has not been released and in the same time they love being thrilled by the obscure announcement of a new kit...

What would we do if all interesting kits had been released? We could not participate in such threads anymore and eagerly wait for the announcements of new releases in Shizuoka, Nuremberg, etc.

Thierry

When EVERYTHING will be covered in LSP (it will never happen i guess...), it would still be possible to release new, retooled, better kits. :)

As we already can see with the new F-104, Mirage III, Me163, forthcoming Trumpeter Mig-29A and so on...

Edited by Zero77

I agree Rainer. There are actually very few kits available in 1/24 and there are a few types I would love to see. Spitfire XIV??

Even the aftermarket boys don't touch it...Peter at Airscale excluded. ( I will be buying several instrument panels very soon!  :thumbsup: )

Regards;
Steve

I'd love to see an *accurate* Spit XIV in any scale.

True! It would be nice to see any new accurate Griffon Spits in any scale, especially large scale. Most manufacturers seem to think the only marks of Spitfire were the Mk I, Vb and IX! I am grateful to PCM for their Griffon Spit though and although the Matchbox kit needs wrestling into submission, who else would of brought us a 1/32 Spit 22/24 in the late 70s. I've always admired Matchbox for their subject choices.

Regards;

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

Yep, decent large scale Spitfire kits are very sadly lacking, but I can't get my head round the fact we are still waiting on a proper 1/32 early Harrier, it could take off and land vertically, was flown by the USMC - so there is a sizeable market - flew in action, particularly the better looking Sea Harrier, and it could even fly backwards! We have wonderful kits of obscure Luftwaffe subjects, but this ground-breaking aircraft none, unless you count the vintage preproduction

Revell kit.

Edited by Kagemusha

My bet is on Italeri, with Knetic an outside contender.

Italeri's pattern in 1/32 has been not too big, multiple users, multiple editions with only minor changes.

Starfighters, Mirages, Lightning II, and I submit that Draken and first gen Harriers fit perfectly into that pattern

Tony