Looks like Eduard is reassessing 1/32

RBrown

20 hours ago, Tony T said:

That's what I was thinking, recalling their reboxing of the Hasey Jug. 

So, maybe just a Hasegawa Bf 109 reboxed with Eduard bits.

Pass.

Tony 

The Hase F was/is decent. With cockpit extras and decal update even better

10 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

Make it four!

I´d love to get a MiG-21 (ANY MARK!) in 1/32 from Eduard!

Their 48 scale kits are wonderful and the MiG was flown by more then 60 countrys!

I think Eduard are looking at the 109 F or G series, a completley new tooled kit in the Kotare style, but we´ll get a "profipack" style kit with all bells and whistles and later there will be a weekender too.

The 48th scale 109 series, all marks and all scales are their all time best selling kits with more then 250.000 kits sold up until now.

No wonder they look at the 32 market too...

Stefan :beer:

You can make that five! I can foresee no reason why a MiG-21 wouldn't sell[ in any version]. They got the data so how's about it Eduard? I built the Trumpy version ,not impressed.

Not into jets that much but support a Mig 21. I’d definitely buy an Aussie version Sabre and Korean War Mig

With WNW out of play do you think they might do reboxings of Roden and Meng? With extra goodies. Maybe even do a Fokker dvii, Albatros, Camel, Spad or Se5a which would sell well. And they’ve done the research, or at least WNW have- just a thought. 

Edited by Pup7309

On 3/6/2024 at 9:25 AM, Tony T said:

That's what I was thinking, recalling their reboxing of the Hasey Jug. 

So, maybe just a Hasegawa Bf 109 reboxed with Eduard bits.

Pass.

Tony 

As well as the P-40N.

On 3/7/2024 at 8:12 AM, Gazzas said:

The area behind the fuselage is swollen.  It's not noticeable from the side...   but viewed from the top, front, or rear, it looks awful.  And once you see it...   you can't un-see it.  When I built mine, I felt something was wrong, but couldn't quite place it.  And once I applied the early BoB camo pattern, it jumped out at me.  It was in a group build and once completed and RFi pics posted, it went straight into the bin.

Indeed - I picked the issue up when I built mine - only took a few minutes to 'fix' - but, fortunately, I caught it before the paint!  :)

Iain

The Hyperscale form now has Ask Eduard section and Validimr Sulc responded to an inquiry about 1/32 contenders.  He confirmed that 1/32 is in consideration and said the the most likely candidates are the Fw 190 A, Bf 109G, and Spitfire IX...

" But realistically, if we have to go to 1/32, it'll be a Fw 190 A or a Bf 109G or a Spitfire, and quite possibly it'll be a Spitfire, because we actually have a finished design for a Spitfire Mk.IX that we didn't release  about 15 years ago, because Tamiya released it first. So the quickest way to get a new 1/32 kit from Eduardo is to modify the old Spitfire Mk.IX design to current parameters and standards and we're done. " 

And in that thread about scaling up some of their planes to 1/32 he said the 1/48 A6M3 was not a good seller for them and the Model 22 in particular so don’t look for any upscaled zeros from Eduard in the future.  He say that between the zero and the P-51B/C, he’d choose the latter but then added what Ben wrote above about the Spitfire.  Kind of disappointing if you ask me.  We’ll see what they intend to do.  Another Mk IX?  I’ll pass.

That was my question to Eduard in case anyone was wondering.

Edited by Juggernut

I don't yet have a Tamiya Spitfire IXc, just the Revell, so an Eduardo might be a perfect qualitative upgrade for folks like myself. 

And if they took the plunge with a MiG-21 Fishbed series, that would be magic. That, a -15UTI and -17F. I'm pretty sure none of those are going to happen in big scale, just 1:48, but a £75 1:32 Spitty would be at the right price point. Revells's inexpensive Spits are riddled with divots, and the Tamiyas slightly bland and expensive.

Probably the right move.

Tony

surprised the sales of 1/48 Zeros were meant to be disappointing though - I thought everyone raved about them? 

the Spit IX would sell poorly; it’s not a very glamorous marque in terms of variety of markings, and sorry but I just don’t think any IX Eduard would release in 1/32 would be as good as Tamiya’s

A6M3 would be worth a shot - no-one else does one

early 190 series would be a good seller, provided they go together well, and they have the advantage that no-one else does them (A-1,2,3) and that many won’t touch the one A-4 readily available (Zoukei-mura).

But the tone sounds like they are just getting excuses ready to not do it 

A top shelf Spitfire Mk.IX should sell rather well, it is the best known version.

Yes Tamiya is hard to beat but that's not necessarily the goal, a different kit with an equally impressive surface and possibly a better detailed cockpit out of the box with more options would do the trick I think.

Tamiya or Revell Spitfires do not put any money into Eduard's pocket.