HpH news - 1/32 Kate, Marauder, Ventura and 1/48 B-47

Kagemusha

• 2 weeks later...

Well, with this once all-plastic Infinity kit now being both resin and plastic and released by HPH, I wonder if they will be including the resin and etched parts in the kit that Infinity offered for their all-plastic kits, at an additional price?

If those sorts of detail parts are included, it will be easier to justify the higher price. 

But regardless, I will be buying one of these kits (in 1/32 scale, I might add). It is a kit I have long wanted.

It’s still too early to say anything about the kit but… main components in resin with smaller parts in styrene :hmmm:? Looks like the modelling world has suddenly turned upside down.

Even more disturbing is the proposed color schemes.
IMG-4805.jpg

HPH is offering the obligatory Fuchida’s machine, the red-tailed AI-301 which led the ‘Hawaiian operation’ strike force on December 8, 1941.
The colour profile shows it equipped with a torpedo although it’s a well-documented fact that during the raid, AI-301 was part of the high-altitude group of Kates carrying type 99 bombs

IMG-4806.jpg
FOR INFO ONLY

Not to say that AI-301 never carried torpedoes in her lifetime, but if you want to represent the famous plane on that fateful day, you’d have to swap the torpedo for a bomb.

Having said that, there are great days coming for Kate lovers everywhere :m0152:

Cheers,

Quang