HpH news - 1/32 Kate, Marauder, Ventura and 1/48 B-47

Kagemusha

On 8/19/2023 at 12:59 PM, Kagemusha said:

Just received an email from Heinz, a close friend of Jiri at HpH/Infinity.

The Kate is going to be released under the HpH label, Infinity is now in the past, the larger parts will be resin, with the already tooled smaller and clear parts in plastic.

Added to the future HpH releases of the S.M. 79, Bv-138 and He-177, are a B-26 Marauder and  Lockheed PV-1 Ventura in 1/32, with a B-47 in 1/48 - this a priority project.

image.thumb.jpeg.376142ee103f615f3265b0ccb8fff98e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.973eab338dcebcccc6d32419ab1cfc76.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6089ce312ffac3eab59cb48af6b4cf4c.jpeg

Kage, could you also check with Jiri if they intend to do the Beaufighter now in 1/32?

Looks like they are trying to get the 1/48 B-47 out the door before JetMads releases their 1/48 B-47. If I'm being honest (why wouldn't I be), I'd still spring for the JetMads one over the HpH one. More finesse, likely a similar price point.

Really hoping HK rides the coat tails of their A-20 release and tools an injection-molded B-26 Marauder.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

1 hour ago, Dennis7423 said:

Looks like they are trying to get the 1/48 B-47 out the door before JetMads releases their 1/48 B-47. If I'm being honest (why wouldn't I be), I'd still spring for the JetMads one over the HpH one. More finesse, likely a similar price point.

Really hoping HK rides the coat tails of their A-20 release and tools an injection-molded B-26 Marauder.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I would love to see HK do a Marauder[ any version]! I wonder though how much those B-47s will go for, certainly not cheap ,  a lot of aircraft there. I always considered the B-47 as a junior achievement B-52, have dealt with bot though the -47 in a very limited capacity. I know it's only 1/48th but it's still a big plane.  

51 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I wonder though how much those B-47s will go for, certainly not cheap ,  a lot of aircraft there.

Considering the JetMads 1/48 P2V-7 is going for a cool $466 US (yours for only two easy installments of $233!), I imagine the B-47, from both manufacturers, will be in the same ballpark.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

37 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Considering the JetMads 1/48 P2V-7 is going for a cool $466 US (yours for only two easy installments of $233!), I imagine the B-47, from both manufacturers, will be in the same ballpark.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

OUCH! Well, that's WAY out of my economic strata. Have to wonder if an injection mold would be any cheaper.

23 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

unique kits...mainstream companies won't take them on. (yes, as a Dutchman (living in the UK) I had to order the Neptune (2 kits, one for me and one for my dad; saw the Cosford one recently)

On 8/20/2023 at 2:09 PM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I wonder though how much those B-47s will go for, certainly not cheap ,  a lot of aircraft there.

Given their other kits like it, I'd say probably in the $700-800 range.  Certainly less than the Peacemaker or Stratofortress, but quite pricey 

Matt