Kotare Spitfire released today

williamj

8 hours ago, Borsos said:

I received news from ArtScale Distribution, a model seller from Czech Republic. They already have the Kotare Spitfire and are selling them for 118,19€. Postage to Germany is 8€. 

I haven’t even received a notification from Kotare that my preordered kit is prepared.

When I preordered the Spitfire directly from Kotare on 1st of October 2022 (that is almost half a year now that they have my money…) I paid 133.38 USD including postage. That’s 125€. And I must expect additional custom fees.

sorry, I know Kotare is a small company, but there’s something wrong here. Why have I preordered a kit and paid almost half a year ago when I can get it faster (and probably cheaper) from a retailer in my neighborhood?

I’ll cancel my preorder at Kotare’s right now.

Andreas

I ordered mine within days of the start of the pre-order, which would make me think they aren’t shipping in order of pre-order. In fact I know one modeler in New Zealand who ordered a few months later who has received his kit.

I’ll wait for mine. I won’t give up the print and the exhausts.

45 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo said:

I ordered mine within days of the start of the pre-order, which would make me think they aren’t shipping in order of pre-order. In fact I know one modeler in New Zealand who ordered a few months later who has received his kit.

I’ll wait for mine. I won’t give up the print and the exhausts.

Minute later I get shipping notification!

Hey Gent's.

I just received an announcement from Kotare that my Spit has also been shipped to Signal Mountain TN!  Yahoo.  Just FYI.  They mentioned the rest of you didn't send proper kind acknowledgements upon ordering the kit.   Therefore and with regrets you will not receive proper updates in the future.  Just the messenger here.  Bunch of old farts!  

I just ordered the next three releases from their email.  Wow wow..     :coolio:

5 hours ago, Jan_G said:

Should received mine tomorrow from artscale.eu. In past 2 years the first choice when looking for something. They do not require to pay preorders in advance but once they recieve the goods. On monday I have received the call from them that kits have arrived and if they can proceed and complete my preorder. The same was with Border Lanc a while back. Great seller!

..and if you live in the EU you save all customs fees which for me in Denmark for this kit would have amounted to 25 EUR. For processing + additional approx 25-30 EUR in actual tax.. it's the reason I don't do overseas pre-orders. It's just far too expensive.

I used to use Hannants in the UK but since Brexit it's just as expensive as import from other exotic parts of the world. So far they don't want to handle the tax payment for some reason.. 

But I wonder how they get things this quickly at artscale..

10 hours ago, Zola25 said:

it's the reason I don't do overseas pre-orders. It's just far too expensive.

And so will I.
Especially I won’t do any more preorder with Kotare. Got my notification that cancellation of my preorder isn’t possible any more because it’s shipped. We’ll see….

I am definitely annoyed with this Pay-Earlier-than-Most-Get-Later-than many policy.

Andreas

Edited by Borsos

12 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Hey Gent's.

I just received an announcement from Kotare that my Spit has also been shipped to Signal Mountain TN!  Yahoo.  

And mine is on the way as well! I bet ours are traveling together, only to depart a the very end. How kind :-)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

6 hours ago, Borsos said:

And so will I.
Especially I won’t do any more preorder with Kotare. Got my notification that cancellation of my preorder isn’t possible any more because it’s shipped. We’ll see….

I am definitely annoyed with this Pay-Earlier-than-Most-Get-Later-than many policy.

Andreas

Isn't patience supposed to be one of the key skills required for modelling? :shrug:

Yes it is Vince! Got an email from Kotare this morning saying that NZ Post had missed sending out shipping notices, even though kits were already on their way around the planet. So some of you may get a shipping notice and the kit arrives the next day! 

I committed to a local vendor.... here at the Southern tip of Africa... And I have heard... Nothing... Nada... Niks... so I wish to just say if you are disappointed at your speed of shipping, I am way, way after you.. and I have patience... I will comment on this thread when I receive mine... It will be way, way after you... it's called "Africa Time"...