Kotare Spitfire released today

williamj

On 3/16/2023 at 7:28 AM, geedubelyer said:

Interesting detail. 

Is the rudder affected by side winds when parked? 

I've seen pics of modern jets with their rudders deflected through side wind. 

Unless it has control locks in, almost certainly. And control locks on the early Spits (probably all) were a bar arrangement that clamped the controls. I'll see if I can dig out any photos, if I can find any I'll post them.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:39 AM, Gazzas said:

The rudder pedals are uneven... one foot is more forward than the other...   so, it was meant to be parked that way by those who designed the kit.

Great stuff! That's a little detail people forget. I've seen more than one model where the builder has deflected the control surfaces, and yet in a cockpit otherwise detailed to the nth degree, the stick and rudder pedals are dead central. To me that's a basic fail.

1 hour ago, MikeC said:

Unless it has control locks in, almost certainly. And control locks on the early Spits (probably all) were a bar arrangement that clamped the controls. I'll see if I can dig out any photos, if I can find any I'll post them.

Great stuff! That's a little detail people forget. I've seen more than one model where the builder has deflected the control surfaces, and yet in a cockpit otherwise detailed to the nth degree, the stick and rudder pedals are dead central. To me that's a basic fail.

A couple of bars were used to lock the controls, from memory, but note, these were unlikely to have been used during the Battle of Britain. The last thing you’d need when scrambling…. ;)

30 minutes ago, Pete Roberts said:

A couple of bars were used to lock the controls, from memory, but note, these were unlikely to have been used during the Battle of Britain. The last thing you’d need when scrambling…. ;)

Absolutely.

Received mine today. All I can say is Wow!

And then I will say some more.

Details are crisp and beautifully moulded. Looks akin to Tamiya in my eyes, if not better.

Raised rivets are in scale and again beautifully moulded. I think some of the comments about the size of the rivets are caused by the use of macro lenses. In the plastic, the rivets look perfect.

The instruction booklet feels top quality and the contents are excellent.

The elevators and rudder are moulded with an offset to them (elevators drooped, rudder to one side), which is nice. You can reposition them if that is your wish. The rudder pedals are offset to match(?) the rudder position.

Can't say anything about fit, because I am only at the plastic fondling stage.

I wish I had bought more and had the time and space to build them.

7 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Mine showed up today as well.  The print that accompanies the kit is larger than I thought it was going to be...BONUS!  This looks stellar in the box and if it goes together anything like what we've heard, it'll be a marvelous experience.

Yes I was reading a Wingnut booklet last night - realised I need to do an eye check up- can’t enlarge text like your phone

Hey guys any high res photos of the sprues yet? 

Anyone in Blighty received theirs? 

I haven't as yet.. The tracking link indicates that it's left New Zealand, but of course that could mean it is anywhere in the world!

1 hour ago, Shoggz said:

Anyone in Blighty received theirs? 

I haven't as yet.. The tracking link indicates that it's left New Zealand, but of course that could mean it is anywhere in the world!

Royal Mail tracking is terrible at the moment, received the Copper State Scout yesterday, after leaving Latvia, it didn't appear tracking-wise until it was at the Manchester depot, no update from my local depot whatsoever.

3 hours ago, europapete said:

Mine is still stuck in Chicago according to the tracking number :BANGHEAD2:

Same here. Or does it mean that is all the farther NZMail can track it? :hmmm:

Edited by denders