Kotare Spitfire released today

williamj

Oh c’mon you guys.

We know their first production run has sold out - ie. they have thousands of orders, individual, retail, or possibly distributor.

That is a MASSIVE undertaking. 

We’re not talking a big multinational company here. 

Give Kotare a break, go take a cold shower or something.

We know Pete, just a bit of good hearted ribbing that's all. We are all soooooo happy that Kotare became a company and chose the Spitfire as their first product. Regards, Pete in RI

AANNNDDD........Just to prove how good natured the Kotare staff are, they have probably read this thread and put all us impatient commenters' preorders to the back of the que! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by europapete

40 minutes ago, europapete said:

Just to prove how good natured the Kotare staff are, they have probably read this thread

if they are reading this thread, I'll give the first kit a miss, as good as it looks I don't want it.  However, I will promise to buy a massive, very large, ginormous pile of Seafires and griffron engined spits if you decide to release them (please, please, please).

7 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Oh c’mon you guys.

We know their first production run has sold out - ie. they have thousands of orders, individual, retail, or possibly distributor.

That is a MASSIVE undertaking. 

We’re not talking a big multinational company here. 

Give Kotare a break, go take a cold shower or something.

Well, speaking for myself (and I'm guessing the others who posted similar things) my comments were totally tongue-in-cheek.. I'll get my kit when I get it and in the meantime continue to build both the Airfix 1/24th Mk.IX and the new Revell Hurricane. :)

16 hours ago, npb748r said:

if they are reading this thread, I'll give the first kit a miss, as good as it looks I don't want it.  However, I will promise to buy a massive, very large, ginormous pile of Seafires and griffron engined spits if you decide to release them (please, please, please).

Or an F111 :)

(sorry, I had to do it)

18 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

And, of course, I manage to get back into work and get my first paycheck after the pre-order period has closed, missing out on that lovely Darryl Legg art print. I'm hoping one of my countrymen will be willing to part with theirs!

Order a kit now and Explain your predicament and they may send you one for a bit of your new wealth. 

Hello there folks,

Guess what has just been left at our front door...

It's what I call the perfect "kitset", looks exactly like what it's supposed to, a Spitfire, there are two prop and spinner options, seperate control surfaces (saves me cutting them out - thank you!), and both elevators are a one piece part so no misalignment challenges if having them drooped like most Spitfires do when sitting idle on the ground. The kitset also includes resin exhaust stacks (there are plastic one on the sprues too) and two canopy options, either in three parts to be open or a single piece closed option. 

In particular, and to my personal preference, the detail is just right being sufficient to give a prototypical "feel/look" without producing an additional 150+ parts which more often than not can't be seen, just make the part count look impressive, probably end up in the spares box and more than likely add 50% to the kitset cost - please excuse my cynicism.

There is a 28 page coloured booklet style set of instructions which are the best I've ever seen in any kitset. There are decals for three different aircraft and each are illustrated across two pages with images of the actual aircraft and a wee piece on the pilots who flew them. Having met Kiwi pilot Al Deere many years ago with Johnny Checketts, it's a no brainer for choice from this modeller.  

On top of the model is a double sided A4 page with an introduction by Kotare's proprietor, Mark Robson, it makes for an interesting read with accolades to his modelling design team, investors and mentors - nice to see Keith Bunyan's name there as one of these, he was one of my modelling mentors 40 years ago. Also included is a 390mm x 260mm coloured print of Al Deere's KL-B BoB Spitfire, a nice touch.  

There will be plenty of detailed reviews of this model and if Kotare increase their range, I'm sure they will be as successful. So despite trying to significantly deplete my kitset stash, I'll be hard pressed not to purchase their kits in the future.

Thanks team for putting your time, effort and funds on the table to produce this.

Rgds Brent