Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

Man...   even if I had the room...   it would be way beyond my attention span.  I'm only good for about a month before I'm thinking about the next kit in my stash.  Great looking kit, though. 

Hopefully one of you guys will start a WIP shortly after getting the kit.  After all...   you...  and the rest of us aren't getting any younger.

36 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

I'm only good for about a month before I'm thinking about the next kit in my stash. 

I can certainly relate to that. I have the attention span of a gnat, constantly flittering about from one project to another, driven by whatever mood strikes me at the moment.

we usually discussing (sometimes complaining about) accuracy and quality of upcoming kits. It seems that we don't have to this time :D

I couldn't resist and have one on preorder. My only concern is that the dambuster version will most likely be released sometime later

Edited by Jan_G

1 hour ago, SimonCornes said:

I saw a price of £700 mentioned on Border’s Facebook page. I’ve got to say it’s injected an element of doubt! Originally Wingnut were talking $400 and their prices translated to the same price in sterling. It’s a beautiful kit, I’ve seen the test shots at Telford and I think it’s light years better than the HKM alternative - but £300 more? It feels very uncomfortable for a box full of beautiful bits!! I’m hoping that the price point improves!!

Well, Pre-Orders are taken now at the equivalent of £475  - MBK in Germany (amongst others) have it on Pre-Order at that price so if you get your order in now you are not going to pay more than that..

Looks like I’m going to have to auction off a kidney or two, but this is one of my dream kits, so I have to get one.

It won’t be sitting in the stash, it’ll be a 12+ month project,  so converting from Euro to Aud, carry the one and add a few tins of paint, it’ll work out to less than $100 per month - cheaper than playing golf :)

3 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

£620 with delivery here in the UK with MJR Models Facebook Group. A shop I use regularly and being my ‘localish’ shop an hour up the road it’s where I get most of my stuff from. 

I’ve been meaning to pop up the road to see these guys for some MRP paints, as they appear to stock a whole load of it. You’d say it’s worth a road trip up there? 

I have a feeling Border are going to be disappointed with sales at that price,especially as they've put in a no more after initial run due to mold issues :huh:

If there are alraedy issues with the mold, when people get the kit a thorough check over first would be in order at that price don't want any Airfix short shot parts

But remember once you've opened the bags, it halfs the price when you come to move it on :whistle: :lol:

"it halfs the price when you come to move it on" Yes. To Me! I'll buy it! Tatty box, yellowed decals, pre-fondled parts, whatever! I can find the space to put it, somewhere, much easier than finding the £400!

The 'short production run' bit worries me though. Is it a sales ploy, or are modern moulds not up to the kind of run Airfix managed in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. remember the Spitfire IX, JE-J? They were on sale everwhere for over 30 years. 

3 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’ve been meaning to pop up the road to see these guys for some MRP paints, as they appear to stock a whole load of it. You’d say it’s worth a road trip up there? 

Yep. Though Mike is a Magician that get you to part with Cash on things you never knew you wanted or imagine you’d need. If he goes in to politics we’re all doomed. With MRP though check beforehand they have what you want. MRP supply can be tricky. He often puts orders in and advises so through the Facebook Group so you can order MRP that way. Even if he doesn’t have the paints you want though, it won’t be a wasted trip. 

There are more expensive $/hr hobbies though. 

n defense of the price, I feel like this is one of those times where we're certainly not getting something cheap but it is awesome and people deserve to be paid well for creating such a great product.

People who value their skills won't work and create awesome kits unless its worth their while. That seems fair.

Matty

20 hours ago, Jan_G said:

more pics posted on Border Model FB

superb details

244055587_874992476463742_41089609524265

244118835_874992576463732_90336252830309

244114318_874992643130392_85854651765747

244098030_874992413130415_27672199067009

244267286_874992569797066_88686609805177

WOW WOW WOW!!! It easily fivefolds any 100$ kit, so nothing weird about the price and I am definitely in!!

Edited by frank83