Kotare Models - a New Venture from Former Wingnut Wings Staff

LSP_Kevin

Back in the world of Spitfires, I think it would be great if Kotare would offer the option of the very early flat canopy together with a Watts two blade prop.  They could also offer the option of the different three blade props that early Spitfire Mk1's came with - variable pitch (with the correct operating plunger/knob in the cockpit, please) or De Havilland or Rotol constant speed prop.

How hard can it be???

Cheers,

Michael

3 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Back in the world of Spitfires, I think it would be great if Kotare would offer the option of the very early flat canopy together with a Watts two blade prop.  They could also offer the option of the different three blade props that early Spitfire Mk1's came with - variable pitch (with the correct operating plunger/knob in the cockpit, please) or De Havilland or Rotol constant speed prop.

How hard can it be???

Cheers,

Michael

I seem to recall them saying that they "probably wouldn't be able to stop at one"; so one can draw one's own conclusions, but an early Mk I would seem like a quick win - and would be s-o-o-o-o welcome. :piliot:

On 11/9/2021 at 2:44 PM, MikeC said:

I seem to recall them saying that they "probably wouldn't be able to stop at one"; so one can draw one's own conclusions, but an early Mk I would seem like a quick win - and would be s-o-o-o-o welcome. :piliot:

I hope you're right.  It seems so obvious, yet no one has done it yet.  The really early planes would only need two extra parts.

Cheers,

Michael

One other point I took from their Livestream was that they were going to produce kits of aircraft they loved. It felt a little like Richard Alexander (despite the excellent work he'd done for WNW) isn't a WWI fan, so I think we need to look elsewhere for WWI aircraft in 1/32. They didn't rule WWI out, but it certainly wasn't a priority - thank goodness for CSM!

I suspect we'll see a range of BoB types coming from them in future.

17 minutes ago, John1 said:

Hmm...  As long as the fit is good, that's a really nice touch. 

Yep. ZM is taking a similar approach with their FW-190. No seam on top, and if it’s done right it’ll simulate the distinctive joints produced where the upper panel overlaps the side panels on the rear fuselage. If it works.

Adam