JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

Mattcour, thank you for posting the images of the kit. The photos are crisp, clear and show the kit in great detail.

It's  obvious that alot of thought has gone into the design of the parts and the kit looks superb. Like many I am eager to see one of these built.

I hope you will be able to make an in-progress thread to share your adventure.

JetMads deserve every success for bringing this to the market. It would appear that they are selling the whole production run so that alone might encourage them to continue bringing modellers what they ask for. 

This modern technology is revolutionising scale modelling.

Genuinely exciting :clap2::bow::speak_cool:

Edited by geedubelyer

Nice to see, what looks like non-solid resin parts for the largest shapes, so they are maybe all designed to be parts and not solid shapes with excessive weight to them.

Note: Maybe I am wrong about this. Ah, so I was simply looking at the photos from the new kit in the previous page, I don't have this kit to look at myself.

Edit: Hm, or am I wrong about this? I realized now that some of the resin stuff seen at the top of the box, probably is just the holders for the 3D printed stuff. Apparently the body of the Viggen kit has to big parts, I realize now, there appear to be a cavity here and there, but maybe those parts are solid at the center perhaps. Maybe the guy that posted the photos can show that later after carefully removing the parts, no rush on my part.

Edited by Treehugger

very very nice looking kit, I wanted to wait until i saw actual kit but then ultimetly miss out, i dont have the funds to get on the second run, i'll just have to watch

cant wait to see some builds, will standard superglue work with this type of resin

rob

I placed my order today for the second batch and got an order number.

Order 10853.

Email says that initial delivery for second batch is expected in January 2022. Email also said something about needing new moulds for the second batch, which wasn't explained further, presumably related to cast resin objects.

Living in norway, I noticed one thing which probably isn't important and I don't expect any issue at all with delivery. Thing is you are asked for your region and the available region names are the ones that were current just a few years back (now Viken), but not the one used today (Buskerud). Funny thing is, apparently local politicians wants to change this region name back to what it it was (Buskerud). :)

Finding the second batch Viggen for purchase was a little hidden away. Only the 'store' button leads to the purchase page, I guess I expected other webpages to link over to the store page, but not so, but maybe it will be a little different later. Payment went as expected, but I should check to see if the payment went through. Some payment systems automatically lead to 2FA checks, this one, and eBay and a few others, don't.

Update: Payment went through: Todays cost in norwegian kroner = 2.082,63 NOK incl. shipping. Then VAT have to be paid probably as it passes customs, 25% + 145 NOK customs fee.

Edited by Treehugger

44 minutes ago, Robthepom said:

very very nice looking kit, I wanted to wait until i saw actual kit but then ultimetly miss out, i dont have the funds to get on the second run, i'll just have to watch

cant wait to see some builds, will standard superglue work with this type of resin

rob

With the tempo second batch is vanishing, I would bet on number 3...