JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

Just out of curiosity, has it been sent with a tracking facility? 

Yes, the email includes a tracking number. It has arrived in customs now and I am expecting a delivery next week.

Edited by mattcour

Anybody got their hands on this kit yet, I am sure like many I am a little nervous having had no actual sightings of the kit they sent out last week on the net! I was told I would get my two sent out this week but no notification of despatch yet. 

8 minutes ago, tigger said:

Anybody got their hands on this kit yet, I am sure like many I am a little nervous having had no actual sightings of the kit they sent out last week on the net! I was told I would get my two sent out this week but no notification of despatch yet. 

From looking at how their run of Sky Streaks coming from Istanbul, it seemed to take QUITE a while per a friend who ordered one. I don't remember the exact time, but it seemed like it was a while between the notice and the kit arriving, and IIRC, I dont think his shipping notifications from the Istanbul side ever actually updated; the kit just arrived at his door step.

After having examined the kit, all communications during and their previous dealings, Id say there likely isn't going to be much to worry about in the long run.

My guess is that all that were sent out last week are sat in various customs facilities. I know from first hand experience (wife works for FedEx) that logistics companies are drowning at the moment. Massive shipping backlogs, customs delays, driver shortages. 
The kits have been sent with tracking, I don’t think there’s reason to be nervous about it not turning up. Patience is the order of the day. 

My order 10451 shipped on 18th, dispatched from Istanbul on 19th, appeared in Paris-Orly on 22nd, was forwarded from customs to postal distribution on 24th. Should arrive in a few days hopefully.

It was the first days of the Covid outbreak when they had shipped the Skystreaks last year. I remember that my order had arrived in two months, but then again it had left Istanbul in a few days but lingered here for a long time as all cargo arrivals was a big mess then. Apparently things are moving faster now...

2 hours ago, mattcour said:

My order 10451 shipped on 18th, dispatched from Istanbul on 19th, appeared in Paris-Orly on 22nd, was forwarded from customs to postal distribution on 24th. Should arrive in a few days hopefully.

It was the first days of the Covid outbreak when they had shipped the Skystreaks last year. I remember that my order had arrived in two months, but then again it had left Istanbul in a few days but lingered here for a long time as all cargo arrivals was a big mess then. Apparently things are moving faster now...

Thanks, please do let us know how it looks when you see it! 

I was thinking, if 3D printed plastic isn't as smooth as resin, maybe a liquid mix of vallejo putty + water drop could be smeared on the 3D printed parts to subtly smooth them.

My only personal experience with 3D printed stuff, is some small 50 cannon mounts for a wooden ship, ordered from Shapeways. I've been reading in the past, about cleaning 3D parts, but the ones I got seemed ok, which confused me. Maybe it isn't so that it is necessary to clean 3D printed parts. 

Edited by Treehugger

36 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

I was thinking, if 3D printed plastic isn't as smooth as resin, maybe a liquid mix of vallejo putty + water drop could be smeared on the 3D printed parts to subtly smooth them.

My only personal experience with 3D printed stuff, is some small 50 cannon mounts for a wooden ship, ordered from Shapeways. I've been reading in the past, about cleaning 3D parts, but the ones I got seemed ok, which confused me. Maybe it isn't so that it is necessary to clean 3D printed parts. 

Cleaning up is generally necessary on large surfaces,if required. Little and tiny parts mostly do not need a surface treatment at all.