Revell new 32nd Kits

Scotsman

We should be asking why Dragon isn't doing a Bf110G-4.

I'm not disagreeing with you in the slightest there! I have the Dragon Bf110E just waiting for a G4 conversion that was on the cards some while ago but seems to have sunk without trace.

Max

The new one is definitely an A-0. I just didn't know the difference between the A-0 and the old A-7 kit.

Mostly the rear of the canopy. The He219 was originally designed to have a rear gun, so the rear of the canopy had a different profile. When that never materialized, later versions had a rear canopy that slopes down more. Also, different antenna arrays for early/late SN-2 versions, and maybe armament variations in the belly tray, but the canopy is the big change.

Because PR variants don't appeal to casual modelers. The normal paint scheme doesn't scream excitement on a boxtop.

And expensive-to-produce models have to sell to casual as well as dedicated modelers in order to make money.

I think this is very true. Personally, there is but one PR scheme that I'd eventually like to do, and that is the recon version of the P-38 Lightning, specifically because I have some cool ideas to pull off the Haze scheme that I think would be very interesting. Other than that, I have no interest in any PR aircraft.

I mean, what kid walks into a hobby shop (if they can find one anymore) and looks at all the different exciting fighter and bomber models with action scenes on the boxart and says... "I want that all-blue plane with no camo and no no noseart, boldly flying quickly and taking pictures of stuff on the ground!" None, that's who.

Me, not being a kid anymore, am happy to have a PR spitfire in a lineup of other Spitfires. That's why I got the Airfix 1/48 PR.XIX.

But I really don't ever expect to see one in 1/32.

I know inquistive minds are wondering:

"Well, with the new Revell P-51D kit, I can take the wings from it, mate it up to the old Revell P-51B fuselage, cut the nose off an old Hasegawa P-51D Mustang, and mount it to the Revell P-51B fuselage that has the new Revell P-51D wings, and then I'd have the perfect P-51B Mustang!"

LOL! Admit it, some of you thought about this already! LOL!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, I'm excited. I can't really afford the spectacular Tamiya kit, and the old Hasegawa Mustang will not be as good as this New Revell. So, this will be very nice. Also, that awesome FW-190 Night Fighter will also be fun to have! :D

I mean, what kid walks into a hobby shop (if they can find one anymore) and looks at all the different exciting fighter and bomber models with action scenes on the boxart and says... "I want that all-blue plane with no camo and no no noseart, boldly flying quickly and taking pictures of stuff on the ground!" None, that's who.

Me, not being a kid anymore, am happy to have a PR spitfire in a lineup of other Spitfires. That's why I got the Airfix 1/48 PR.XIX.

As previously mentioned, there is the AlleyCat PR XI conversion kit. It's not perfect but it works. 

3588ffc8-87b1-4c55-96f4-f3ec100aba76.jpg

Or just drill a hole in the rear fuselage and do an FR IX in pink:

IMG_20160312_115656_1.jpg

If you use it on the PCM XIV kit, then you can build a PR XIX too. 

Carl

Won't be buying any of the three,  I mean ,this is 2017 and we should be looking at kits that make us go WOW! and do a happy dance.instead of getting another helping of Mac and Cheese.

Sorry,we're grumpy today.

Edited by williamj

Because PR variants don't appeal to casual modelers. The normal paint scheme doesn't scream excitement on a boxtop.

And expensive-to-produce models have to sell to casual as well as dedicated modelers in order to make money.

Yes, I know.  Of course, that's the challenge for the box art artist.  Anyway, why not a PR G - still retained guns - in pink, white, or the more esoteric camouflage.

I think this is very true. Personally, there is but one PR scheme that I'd eventually like to do, and that is the recon version of the P-38 Lightning, specifically because I have some cool ideas to pull off the Haze scheme that I think would be very interesting. Other than that, I have no interest in any PR aircraft.

Look forward to seeing that F-5.

Can there be any nicer scheme than invasion stripes over PRU blue? 

Sadly, I do know that you're right, casual purchasers and others don't really want things that don't make bangs.  Takes a bit of thought to realise that without reconnaissance there'd be no info on what to shoot at or drop bombs on.  :)

Anyway, hobby-horse mode <off> and apologies for the thread divert.

Edited by MikeC