Revell new 32nd Kits

Scotsman

I couldn't agree with you more on that one. Although they're not side by side.

IMG_20170304_140109.jpg

With another four on the bench, I'm going to need another display case soon. :)

Carl

Carl,

Are those IKEA cases?  I've looked into trying to expand the shelf capacity of mine like you've done.  How did you do that?

Carl,

Are those IKEA cases? I've looked into trying to expand the shelf capacity of mine like you've done. How did you do that?

Hi Mike,

Yes, it's the Detolf display case from Ikea. I used some u-shaped cable anchors mounted to the shelf supports and then got the extra shelves cut from sheet acrylic.

Here's a the anchors look like:

IMG_20170304_194412.jpg

I got them off of eBay. Measure the thickness of the wire shelf supports in your case and user that to order the correct size. You need for for each shelf you want to add. They're not that expensive either.

I also found another mod where a guy joined two of them together on a new top and base to make it fit longer items. That one is a bit more challenging as you need a router but I might try it in the summer.

Hope that helps,

Carl

Hi Mike,

Yes, it's the Detolf display case from Ikea. I used some u-shaped cable anchors mounted to the shelf supports and then got the extra shelves cut from sheet acrylic. 

IMG_20170304_194412.jpg

I got them off of eBay. Measure the thickness of the wire shelf supports in your case and user that to order the correct size. You need for for each shelf you want to add. They're not that expensive either.

I also found another mod where a guy joined two of them together on a new top and base to make it fit longer items. That one is a bit more challenging as you need a router but I might try it in the summer.

Hope that helps,

Carl 

Very clever idea Carl :speak_cool:  i got three of them in my hoby room, so i think i will use your idea if that's ok with you :whistle:

Greetz

Danny

Hi Mike,

IMG_20170304_194412.jpg

Hope that helps,

Carl

Excellent!  Just to clarify, you had purchased the shelves per-cut on Ebay?

Edited by Mikester

Excellent! Just to clarify, you had purchased the shelves per-cut on Ebay?

Hi Mike,

I bought the anchors on eBay. The shelves came from a local plastics supply shop and were custom cut to size. Tempered glass was too expensive so that's why I went with acrylic.

Carl

Fot the detolf my solution was tu use plastic hight presure clams allot cheaper and more suttle since their black. I did put sure rubber band on the inside tu insure non slip
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-1-4-in-High-Pressure-Clamp-10-Pack-67710/202937881

My latest mod is my double detolf
I grafted 2 cases and got some 10mm glass for the extra shelves.
This actually makes it almost like 3 since you can fix 3 1/32 props on one shelf

double%20detolf%202.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Neo

Does Revell have any recent history of doing ANY japanese subjects? No.

Think about where they are located, who their domestic customer base is, and what sort of aircraft are available for them locally to do research on.

Revell will continue to release western/european subjects.

For russian subjects, we should look to eastern european kitmakers. ICM is jumping into 1/32 with an I-16, let's hope it sells so that they may be encouraged to continue. And it will be a big boost to the russian 1/32 market if Zvezda decides to ever get into the game.

Well ..... They'd have Fulcrums and Su-22s in Poland and Slovakia that are quite regularly on visit in Germany. From time to time we have a Ukrainian Flanker coming over, there are some L-39s just around the corner in the Czech Republic etc. Plenty of opportunities for some usually less dough-intensive alternatives to the Russians coming from Asia. And if it really has to be another "Westerner" please revell, pleeeeaaaaaase ... pwuuuueeeeaaaaase finally a 1/32 F-22. Why wait again untill the Asians give us one more overpriced inaccurate crutch. be at it while there's still time. Would also fit the "looks nice, is all over the media, hence want that" market.

Still no Super Hornet test shots... :(

I know, very sad, that was suppose to have been released by now, I talked to my local hobby store, and he mentioned that it's looking like August now. Hey if they are spending time on getting it right, and need some extra time to get details correct, then take your time! I have more then enough in my stash to keep me busy. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Southern Bandit

I couldn't agree with you more on that one. Although they're not side by side.

IMG_20170304_140109.jpg

With another four on the bench, I'm going to need another display case soon. :)

Carl

Very impressive Carl, must get display towers like that.